Anytime I place a phone call to a number not in my contacts app the phone automatically opens the app while I'm on the phone & adds the number to my contacts. Of course it doesn't save the number and i always discard the new contact but it's annoying. Anyone else have this issue or know a way i can make the phone stop doing that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    08-11-12 03:46 PM
    Are you using an app such as Advance OS & LED? That has the option to do things like that. Otherwise if your app free I've never had that problem on my 9900.

The only issue I have is from time to time I edit the contact to who I'm on the phone to by way of fat fingers and the side of my face. Otherwise never had any 'new' contacts auto created for me.

Sorry
    08-12-12 08:28 AM
    I used to have that Advance OS & LED installed and I know it has that option, however, I since have uninstalled it, but the contact app still opens like Advance OS & LED used to . It's almost like some of that code has become permanently written into the OS.
    08-12-12 12:31 PM
    You can turn that option off in Advance OS and LED but if you have deleted the app and still getting the problem you might have another app installed somewhere. Ive never had that problem.
    08-12-12 01:29 PM
    I used to have that Advance OS & LED installed and I know it has that option, however, I since have uninstalled it, but the contact app still opens like Advance OS & LED used to . It's almost like some of that code has become permanently written into the OS.
    lol, its funny how users imagination can get wild sometimes

its not possible, once my app or any app is deleted, then its code is also deleted and gone from your mobile.

my app will not auto save nor auto open contacts app, it will only ask if you would like to save by displaying 2 buttons (new or existing contact), pressing escape key would close the popup window.

and as mentioned, you can disable this feature from the app itself, so it wont ask you again

when in doubt, you can ask the software developer for help
    08-13-12 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD