Hey there

I had problems with my BB when I removed the sim adapter in a stupid way and ruined two of the four PINs that read the sim card, therefore I had the sim housing completely changed with a genuine one. Everything seemed to be going well but the internet (blackberry internet service) keeps dropping from a capital 3G or EDGE with the Service logo/symbol next to it to a small 3g or edge which means the connection isn't working. I'd have to turn the network off and then switch it back on immediately and it would work fine for a while until that happens again. It's pretty frustrating and I am not sure why it happens. When the 3g is in small letters, I can still receive phone calls and SMS messages, however I need it to be capital since I am probably only using it for BBM as I have another device for everything else.

Does anybody have any idea why that may be happening? Could it be the new sim housing doing that? I remember that my device originally hard connection problems like saying "SIM Card Error" from time to time and I'd just remove it and insert it and it'd work again.

I am currently on OS 7.1.0.794 from China Unicom,but I am from Egypt and my network is Etisalat, could that be a reason why? Should I revert to the latest OS by Etisalat in case the Radio version on this is different and messing things up?

Thanks a lot guys.
    01-04-13 06:55 AM
    There is a similar thread from just a few days ago here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-gone-760415/

I've been having the same problem with my 9900 so I think it should be a "Blackberry Server" problem or outage.

Cheers from Barcelona!
    Last edited by Biulet; 01-04-13 at 07:15 AM. Reason: add link to the thread
    TarekElsakka likes this.
    01-04-13 07:13 AM
    Thanks man, I sure hope this is going to be fixed soon as it is really annoying and frustrating considering how much I pay for the service.
    01-04-13 07:47 AM