Bold 9900-connecting to Wi-Fi but "unable to find the requested server"Options
    Hello!

I got my 9900 in August and haven't had this problem before.

I can connect to my Wi-Fi -- it shows as connected, strong connection etc. But when I try to go to any site on my browser I get "Unable to find the requested server.

This is on my home wi-fi. But my laptop and Wii are still fine so it's only on my phone.

However, I discovered I AM able to connect to other wi-fis with my phone - just not the one at home.

The problem originated right when I was downloading some software upgrades. I wasn't really paying much attention to what I was doing and I'm not even sure how I got into downloading these upgrades because I'd never done that before. Anyway, one of the downloads seemed to have gotten stuck mid-way through downloading.

Does that make sense? I'm really annoyed by this and really want to use wi-fi on my phone at home!

Thank you!
    12-04-11 10:31 PM
    Try another wifi network, see if you'll get that message again.

If it happens again, it's your device. Else, restart/change your home wifi.
    12-05-11 02:47 AM
    I have a 9700 and came up against the same problem. My wifi was working fine for months at home...but then went to a coffee shop, used the free wifi, came back home and it wouldn't work! Solved the problem by going to:

Manage Connections - Wifi Options - Restore Default Settings.
    01-07-12 08:53 PM
    I got this before, a battery pull or alt+shift+del will fix it.
    01-07-12 09:28 PM
    I have gotten that a few times and reconnecting (after removing the profile) or a battery pull did the trick.
    01-07-12 11:48 PM
    I get it and a battery pull does no good on my 9810, several times a day,
    03-29-12 01:09 AM
    I get it and a battery pull does no good on my 9810, several times a day,
    Do you have Fixmo installed? I had this problem and after I removed Fixmo, no more problems.
    03-29-12 01:15 AM
    I don't have fixmo, even battery doesn't do the trick
    05-03-12 12:44 PM
    Have you checked that the router is actually assigning an ip address to your blackberry by going into Wi-Fi Diagnosis from within wifi options?
    05-03-12 01:15 PM
    FIX!
    Options/Networks and Connections/Wi-Fi Network/BB Button/Options/Scroll Down
    To "Reset Settings"/Ok
    then reconnect to your Wi-Fi

It worked for me
    dediwijaya03 and andreszs like this.
    08-26-12 06:07 PM
    Sounds like a router issue. Sounds like the router is sending out WIFI signal but NO internet
    08-26-12 08:34 PM
    thanks for posting this. i was having the same problem but i restored factory settings for my wifi and everything's fine again.
    03-11-14 07:18 PM
    Hello sir,
    am using blackberry 9900 and am facing problems with wifi as well as text messages
    Connecting to wi-fi "unable to find the requestes server"
    unable to connect to whatapp even though its was connected, after rebooting my mobile.
    and Messages-am unable to receive messages to blackberry.but i can send messages.sometimes it is configuring messages
    and its stopping tessages abruptly.
    so please can u help me how to resolve these problems.
    07-31-14 05:34 AM
    Hello sir,am using blackberry 9900 and am facing problems with wifi as well as text messages Connecting to wi-fi "unable to find the requestes server"unable to connect to whatapp even though its was connected, after rebooting my mobile.and Messages-am unable to receive messages to blackberry.but i can send messages.sometimes it is configuring messagesand its stopping tessages abruptly.so please can u help me how to resolve these problems.
    Need to ask, do you have a blackberry specific data plan? Have you tried registering using the host routing table? If not, jump into the options and type host routing, then select it, press the menu (BB) key and hit register now.Also, if you are connecting to a wifi hotspot/router, make SURE it is connected to the internet before you assume it will just work.
    07-31-14 12:48 PM
    Mantap dech
    03-26-15 07:30 AM
    Mantap. It works.
    03-26-15 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD