Not sure if something is wrong, but my DM and my phone both say my 9900(t-mobile) is UTD as far as OS is concerned with
    7.1 bundle 1909

it is to my understand that OS is fairly dated, can someone confirm?

If so how can i override this and get the most current.

Sorry im not too good at starting threads.
    If anyone needs more info, let me know!
    04-11-13 01:22 AM
    ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1.(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2.Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
    *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3.Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4.On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5.Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6.Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7.(Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8.On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9.(Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10.In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11.After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1.Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2.Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3.Restart PC.
    4.Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5.Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6.Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    Mrwilliamsap1 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:36 AM
    wow! exactly what i think i was looking for!
    im assuming this needs to be done on a PC correct? i have a mac. Im assuming isnt reading some important files?
    04-11-13 08:32 AM
    thank you too!
    04-11-13 08:32 AM
    wow! exactly what i think i was looking for!
    im assuming this needs to be done on a PC correct? i have a mac. Im assuming isnt reading some important files?
    Yep, you really need a Windows PC as teh OS is an .exe file that a Mac doesn;t recognise.

I believe that you can run a virtual Windows program on a Mac that will enable you to load up a BB OS.

Do a search of CB and I'm sure that you will find some threads to help you out in this regard, other wise, beg, steal or borrow a Windows PC !!!
    04-11-13 09:46 AM
    Yes, you need a PC or VMware Fusion on a Mac. You will also need a licensed copy of Windows XP or later to install Windows using VMware fusion.
    04-11-13 09:48 AM
    alright! so after making an attempt to follow the directions
    i now have 7.1 bundle 2508 and my carrier is t-mobile

sounds about right?
    04-11-13 11:42 AM
    alright! so after making an attempt to follow the directions
    i now have 7.1 bundle 2508 and my carrier is t-mobile

sounds about right?
    I don't know, will have to check the thread at the top of the forum. For future reference, it is the OS version that we are typically concerned about, as different carriers can have the same OS number but different bundle numbers. I think the bundle number refers to not just the OS, but the applications packaged in it.

edit:

The latest T-Mobile OS shown in this forum is currently OS 7.1.0.912. I didn't see the bundle number shown in the first page of the thread.
    04-11-13 02:59 PM