Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Complicated Bold 9930 situation...

*sigh*

So I bought a US Bold 9930 (the price where I live is simply ridiculous), unlocked. It works flawlessly for calls, texts and data on both WiFi and TCP, but a BlackBerry without BIS isn't really a BlackBerry. The problem I am facing is, the person who bought it for me unlocked the device but didn't call Verizon to get them to release the PIN. Long story short, it registers to their network instead of the one I am on.

Naturally, I made that call and was able to speak to someone, but she wasn't very helpful in the sense that she couldn't release it for me. She asked me for the MEID (hex) number and the IMEI, checked to confirm my suspicion and told me account holder needs to call in order to complete the release. I sent the guy various e-mails and still no answer; I suspect he can't be bothered to help.

My questions are: Is there another way I could get them to release it(apparently this lovely person's Verizon account is still active, yet I have the phone and it sure as h*** wasn't stolen)? If not, will it eventually be removed after a long period of time without use? I appreciate any help on this matter and I'm looking forward to some well-grounded advice. Also, please spare us both the paperweight comments. Thank you!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,220 Global Posts

The previous owner has to release it. You will not be able to do it from your end.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    The previous owner has to release it. You will not be able to do it from your end.
    That's so disappointing. I'm going to keep trying but if the guy doesn't get in contact, that's it? Do you think I would be able to pull this off if I called BlackBerry support?
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_IV View Post
    That's so disappointing. I'm going to keep trying but if the guy doesn't get in contact, that's it? Do you think I would be able to pull this off if I called BlackBerry support?
    That's it unfortunately... RIM will not be able to help you either. It's an issue that ONLY the previous owner and Verizon can sort out.
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,220 Global Posts

No. Calling "BlackBerry support" won't work. It's a security measure.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I guess I'm going to have a BIS-less phone until I get my hands on that X10 then. Thanks anyway