Hello my fellow forum members, I have had my Blackberry Bold 9900 since November of last year and never had a problem with it until recently... for some unknown reason, the battery is constantly draining to below 30% without me even using it for a 15 minute phone call. The only way to try to diagnose this was to go under my "Tools" -- "Device" -- "Application Management" -- "Usage". Last week my Clock Application for Blackberry was only used 43 minutes and 56 seconds. This week it is showing that it has been used 14 hours 27 minutes, 9 hours and 15 minutes yesterday, 5 hours and 11 minutes today!! I never use my alarm for anything or the stopwatch or timer. Under my "switch applications" the only things that are open are the icons that are supposed to be there. Messages, Browser, Phone, and I switched through all of them and closed. I also currently have the Bluetooth connected off, but I've never had to do that before just to save a few hours.

The only thing I can think of is how did this clock usage problems start?? I have not installed any new updates or applications. Really, really strange... anybody have any explanations or suggestions?

I read a lot of negative reviews about the battery life for this phone, but for the past year I've been very very happy and just all of a sudden This "Clock Usage" has become so frustrating.

Thank you for any advice or solutions.
    09-10-12 07:43 PM
    Well try doing a battery pull. If that doesn't work, try recalibrating the battery (fully charging your phone, then letting it completely drain until dead).
    09-10-12 08:14 PM
    Thanks AJ...still any explanation or idea about the "clock" pulling battery juice? I uninstalled BBM and shut my location finder to off to see if it may be trying to pull a GPS location, but why 5 and 7 hours running the clock? This is my first weird thing that's happened with my BB.

I'll check back tomorrow.
    09-10-12 08:37 PM
    Thanks AJ...still any explanation or idea about the "clock" pulling battery juice? I uninstalled BBM and shut my location finder to off to see if it may be trying to pull a GPS location, but why 5 and 7 hours running the clock? This is my first weird thing that's happened with my BB.

I'll check back tomorrow.
    The name's Aaron haha just all initials. But I'm not sure. Maybe it is reading it wrong, or maybe the clock is really draining the battery, but a battery pull could do it. In my usage stats, the clock isn't even there.
    09-10-12 08:45 PM
    Strange as heck. If the battery pull doesn't do it, you may have had that module go corrupt. An OS upgrade might be in order.

Speaking of which, what OS are you on? If it's a 7.0, I'd caution against fully draining the battery. It's a known cause of bricking.
    wolfee48 and maxx71 like this.
    09-10-12 09:36 PM
    Strange as heck. If the battery pull doesn't do it, you may have had that module go corrupt. An OS upgrade might be in order.

Speaking of which, what OS are you on? If it's a 7.0, I'd caution against fully draining the battery. It's a known cause of bricking.
    That's right...I forgot to ask what OS it is.
    09-11-12 07:36 PM
    The name's Aaron haha just all initials. But I'm not sure. Maybe it is reading it wrong, or maybe the clock is really draining the battery, but a battery pull could do it. In my usage stats, the clock isn't even there.
    Well, the battery pull, draining it down to 5% and recharging it overnight seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help parent help Aaron. Also deleting Blackberry Messenger, may have kept my device from trying to continually update my GPS location. I still don't know why it posted under the clock status, but today it was gone. It's funny how probably 80% -- 90% of Blackberry problems can be solved by simply pulling the battery. :-)
    09-11-12 07:37 PM
    Well, the battery pull, draining it down to 5% and recharging it overnight seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help parent help Aaron. Also deleting Blackberry Messenger, may have kept my device from trying to continually update my GPS location. I still don't know why it posted under the clock status, but today it was gone. It's funny how probably 80% -- 90% of Blackberry problems can be solved by simply pulling the battery. :-)
    I'm glad you fixed your issue but I don't think bbm wouldve been the issue. You should download a fresh copy and see if it starts happening again. Just so you know if it was actually bbm causin it.
    09-11-12 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD