So last night i was sitting there admiring the beauty of this device, and then it hit me! I loved everything about except the carrier Logo!!! So I had to take it off and so I did.... here is what you will need.

1. A girlfriend or wife

2. Nail polish remover

3. Napkin and it has to be paper napkin.

I took a corner of the napkin and soaked it a little with the nail polish remover. The simply in circles very carefully wiped the logo away ( make sure that your "circles" dont touch other keys as they have ink on them too for the letter, numbers etc. At first the logo will smudge all white and you might panic, just keep doing it, and if neccesary dip a little more NPR so get it out completly! Thats it enjoy your new look! And btw I am not responsible for your actions, if you dont feel comfortable, then leave it alone! I use to do tis all the time with my hot wheels as a kid, if I liked a car, but hated the painted stickers, I would remove them the same way! LoL

Oh BTW the girlfriend/wife would provide the nail polish remover, if not good luck going to the store and buying one or better yet asking your mom for one LoL.
    08-26-11 08:30 AM
    How about q-tip? Or how about taking the plate off when performing the operation. Might help ease the jitters. But then again removing the plate might be scary for some as well.
    08-26-11 08:36 AM
    How about q-tip? Or how about taking the plate off when performing the operation. Might help ease the jitters. But then again removing the plate might be scary for some as well.
    You could use a Qtip, my only problem with that is that the Qtip wont suck up the liquid as good as a napkin, therefor it might spill between the keys. But if you dont put too much NPR it might not be a bad idea. LoL @ Jitters.
    08-26-11 08:40 AM
    I will try this with my 9650.

Lets hope it works. haha
    08-26-11 08:45 AM
    I will post pictures later on!
    08-26-11 08:45 AM
    I will try this with my 9650.

Lets hope it works. haha
    As long as the logo is on hard plastic you should be good to go, dont try to take off a logo behind the glass! LoL believe me there are some folks out there that would try! BTW the one thing I liked about the 9650 was the red touch it had to it, in the keypad, I thought it made it look unique.
    08-26-11 09:08 AM
    Telus Bold 9900 has no logos anyway... Just the splash screen for branding.
    08-26-11 09:11 AM
    Here if you are with Sprint/Verizon/Rogers your phone will look like this...after...
    08-26-11 09:44 AM
    I MIGHT try this but like you said I'll panic when it all smudges and I would hate to accidentally get any of my keyboard.
    08-26-11 10:00 AM
    did u have issues with the black part fading? i know it's black plastic, but the shinniness would get matted if too much pressure is applied.. or am i wrong?
    08-26-11 10:27 AM
    did u have issues with the black part fading? i know it's black plastic, but the shinniness would get matted if too much pressure is applied.. or am i wrong?
    Nope the black part is clean as a whistle! not faded, not smudged, its as if it was sent to me that way! Let me see if I can get s co worker of mine to take a picture of my actual phone... hold on..

Here is my actual phone
    Last edited by Jesse813; 08-26-11 at 11:01 AM.
    08-26-11 10:48 AM
    How about holding the phone upside down when you do this. Wear glasses so it does drip in your eyes. lol

I just wish colorware would start producing. I want an orange phone.
    ladodgersfan88 likes this.
    08-26-11 11:14 AM
    How about holding the phone upside down when you do this. Wear glasses so it does drip in your eyes. lol

I just wish colorware would start producing. I want an orange phone.
    LOL if it drips you have too much NPR ! Even normally it should not drip ( thats what she said )
    08-26-11 11:19 AM
    I used a penny and an eraser (at the end to get the traces off). Worked like a charm.

I work for another carrier, so wasn't too keen having a big Rogers logo...
    08-26-11 11:26 AM
    I used a penny and an eraser (at the end to get the traces off). Worked like a charm.

I work for another carrier, so wasn't too keen having a big Rogers logo...
    Meaning you started with the nail polish and ended with the eraser and penny?
    08-26-11 11:29 AM
    I used some mango mandarin nail polish remover (still smelled like npr) and a normal paper napkin you'd get a McD's. I just used a tiny amount on the napkin and re-applied a few times when it would get dry again. After about 4 minutes of rubbing it was gone.

There is a faint, like ghost image, of the Verizon logo on my phone still that you can only see if you look at it just right from an angle and a light. I might try to remove that still, but you have to really look at to see that it's there. A normal person would never see it.

As Jesse mentions, it doesn't do anything to the phone other than remove that logo. I've used a penny before and that has dulled it a little, this was the perfect way.

Thank you Jesse!
    08-26-11 11:40 AM
    I used some mango mandarin nail polish remover (still smelled like npr) and a normal paper napkin you'd get a McD's. I just used a tiny amount on the napkin and re-applied a few times when it would get dry again. After about 4 minutes of rubbing it was gone.

There is a faint, like ghost image, of the Verizon logo on my phone still that you can only see if you look at it just right from an angle and a light. I might try to remove that still, but you have to really look at to see that it's there. A normal person would never see it.

As Jesse mentions, it doesn't do anything to the phone other than remove that logo. I've used a penny before and that has dulled it a little, this was the perfect way.

Thank you Jesse!
    Nice! Interesting to hear that a "Ghost" image stays in place after the paint is gone.. I wouldnt sweat that as long as everything is is gone that would be good enough for me! No problem, just thought this was so easy I thought i shared with you guys.
    08-26-11 11:54 AM
    Telus Bold 9900 has no logos anyway... Just the splash screen for branding.
    Same here, I bought it from one of the U.A.E. carriers called "Etisalat" and while all their phones in the past had an ugly big Etisalat logo, this one, although has the internal splash screen for Etisalat, and is locked to Etisalat, does not have any logoes ? Saved me the trouble and risk.
    08-26-11 12:33 PM
    Meaning you started with the nail polish and ended with the eraser and penny?
    I was at work and decided to give the penny a go. Never needed the nail polish...

Just have to be very gentle with the penny so as not to scratch the plastic.
    08-26-11 12:33 PM
    So last night i was sitting there admiring the beauty of this device, and then it hit me! I loved everything about except the carrier Logo!!! So I had to take it off and so I did.... here is what you will need.

1. A girlfriend or wife

2. Nail polish remover

3. Napkin and it has to be paper napkin.

I took a corner of the napkin and soaked it a little with the nail polish remover. The simply in circles very carefully wiped the logo away ( make sure that your "circles" dont touch other keys as they have ink on them too for the letter, numbers etc. At first the logo will smudge all white and you might panic, just keep doing it, and if neccesary dip a little more NPR so get it out completly! Thats it enjoy your new look! And btw I am not responsible for your actions, if you dont feel comfortable, then leave it alone! I use to do tis all the time with my hot wheels as a kid, if I liked a car, but hated the painted stickers, I would remove them the same way! LoL

Oh BTW the girlfriend/wife would provide the nail polish remover, if not good luck going to the store and buying one or better yet asking your mom for one LoL.
    So what does it look like? Can you tell there was ever a logo there? Can you post a pic?
    08-26-11 12:53 PM
    I'm a guy and I already have nail polish remover... >___>
    Alia likes this.
    08-26-11 12:53 PM
    So what does it look like? Can you tell there was ever a logo there? Can you post a pic?
    Did you read any of the other posts in this thread or just the first one?

All of your questions have been answered...
    08-26-11 12:55 PM
    tried the penny (1975 Canadian, 98% copper) and it actually did leave a few faint dents and one very very very light scratch across, but overall looks pretty good. I'll probably switch it out anyway when there are third party ones available.
    08-26-11 02:22 PM
    Wow, what a great tip!! My wife had a bottle of purified acetone and I used it and a regular paper towel. It came off literally in seconds with no trace of it at all. The black plastic wasn't affected in the slightest.

I was initially going to try the penny but after giving a few light rubs with it I could see that it wasn't going to come off without putting some scratches or dent in the plastic so I didn't do it. This was is excellent and finally got rid of that logo with no damage to the phone!! Thanks so much!
    08-26-11 03:05 PM
    you didnt say whether you used acetone or non-acetone nail polish remover... this could make a huge difference...
    08-26-11 03:06 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD