Just wanted to tell you guys at least to try the classic. The only thing I can say as a former bold user that you will miss is the slightly smaller form factor.

The phone is still pocket friendly though and a great tool...and toy if you want it to be.

The os will mature in time.

I also use a passport as my at home tablet.
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-19-15 07:00 AM
    Thanks but no thanks. I tried the z10 and played around with the Q10/Classic and even passport. For pure communication (texting, whatsapp and calling) 9900 rockets. Though the classic can do the samething, once your battery dies, enjoy buying another phone. We can all enjoy buying a brand new battery
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    04-19-15 11:26 AM
    My situation never required a battery swap. I just kept it charged while driving or at my desk.

But with the battery life of the classic and passport I get through two work days.

Again, that's my situation, not everyone else's.

I have a q10 still with the original battery.
    04-19-15 11:36 AM

The os will mature in time.
    When ? Next decade ? BlackBerry keeps promising to improve the efficiency and missing functionality in BB10 but where is it ?

The Classic is an awful phone. Cheap, tacky, overly big and uses an OS that is still half baked.

No thanks. My Bold 9900 still does everything I need with greater speed and simplicity.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    04-19-15 09:48 PM
    Classic is my primary "carry" but the good old trusty 99 still serves as backup. Classic's browser and Paratek antenna are features well worth considering. BB10 IS slowly maturing. QNX just had a LONG way to go after tossing out the baby and the TUB along with the bath water. lol. Chen HAS shown credible indication he'll stay the course, IMO.

Fixed battery non-sense makes Classic unsuitable for some conditions, IMO, and i simply don't believe the Classic was targeted as a direct replacement for our 9900s. BB's re-release of 9900 just months before Classic's release, by itself, seems to support my hypothesis, IMO.

I'm using my Classic and really like it but the old 99 will also be with me for the foreseeable future.
    04-20-15 12:06 PM
    I've had my Classic for a week now...

BB10 is a great OS, but it really lacks the customization of OS7. There's no show-stopping omission, but just the fact that I can say "I could do that better on my old phone" about multiple features is disappointing for a 2-year-old operating system.

Hardware wise, I love the bigger screen and larger overall size. I love the speed and snappiness.

I do hope it does "get there" with time. I'm stuck with this phone for 2 years anyway, probably longer if they don't make anything else non-camera!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 02:42 PM