What do you think about having a class action lawsuit against blackberry for building defective products like the blackberry bold 9900

It is unfair that the don't release or talk about this issue that they already know.

I live in Mexico and here the laws don't work as good as in the USA, because of this the class action lawsuit needs to be done in the USA.

What do you think about this?
    11-14-11 11:58 AM
    You'd have to prove they knew about the issue and withheld it from the public.
    11-14-11 11:59 AM
    How, exactly, is the 9900 defective? I don't see any problems mine so far. Why is everyone so sue happy?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 12:01 PM
    What do you think about having a class action lawsuit against blackberry for building defective products like the blackberry bold 9900

It is unfair that the don't release or talk about this issue that they already know.

I live in Mexico and here the laws don't work as good as in the USA, because of this the class action lawsuit needs to be done in the USA.

I think it's a horrible idea and you are wasting your time even thinking about it, let alone creating a post about it.

There is no "perfect" piece of technology on the market; there can't be. If you have a defective device, return it for another one.
    11-14-11 12:08 PM
    It is defective because it bricks itself and there is no way to reload the os.

I am not the only one reporting this issue, there are hundreds and thousands of people reporting this issue in every blackberry forum
    11-14-11 12:10 PM

I am not the only one reporting this issue, there are hundreds and thousands of people reporting this issue in every blackberry forum
    And there are "hundreds and thousands" of people where this issue doesn't happen. I'm not saying you don't have a valid complaint.

Just return it and get another one, it's really that easy.
    JR A likes this.
    11-14-11 12:13 PM
    there are hundreds and thousands of people reporting this issue in every blackberry forum
    PMSL, go find a dark corner and have a serious word with yourself!!

Your phone has a warranty, take it back, get it replaced, repaired, refunded.

Unless its been caused by been messed with of course...... ;-)

Steve
    ACFP3 likes this.
    11-14-11 12:14 PM
    No one really knows why that's been happening, so I doubt RiM actually knows - not everything is a conspiracy.

If it's an issue of quality of workmanship that's because they do random selection testing, you can't expect a company to test every single device they release.

Just wondering, you counted hundreds of thousands of people in different forums?
    I have only heard of 1 other 9900 bricking. A few 9930s but by no means ever one. This is why warranties exist.

11-14-11 12:16 PM
    If you just want to make a splash in the news and you've got money go for it. How this would help us get better devices from RIM in the near future does elude me though
    11-14-11 12:17 PM
    What does the blackberry 9900 do which is giving people so many problems xx
    11-14-11 12:25 PM
    OP, next time try using the search:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...anyone-668652/
    11-14-11 12:25 PM
    I am not the only one reporting this issue,
    I agree, you're not the "only" one reporting a bricked Blackberry.

there are hundreds and thousands of people reporting this issue in every blackberry forum
    Any data to back up your "guestimation" on those numbers?
    11-14-11 12:43 PM
    No one really knows why that's been happening, so I doubt RiM actually knows - not everything is a conspiracy.

If it's an issue of quality of workmanship that's because they do random selection testing, you can't expect a company to test every single device they release.
    I would think by now that RIM does know as they look at devices that the carrier returns that are defective. RIM knows it has a problem just like they knew they had a problem with the stuttering keyboards. Never admitted any wrong there either.

Sorry but I DO EXPECT them to test each device before shipping it to the customer.

I know some do not agree but RIM devices are not what they used to be just a few years ago.
    11-14-11 01:33 PM
    RIM has to know what is going on with the 9900 bricking/nuking/battery issue. I am sure a fix will come. If it is hardware I would think they would inform the carriers to do an exchange no questions asked.
    11-14-11 01:36 PM
    I would think by now that RIM does know as they look at devices that the carrier returns that are defective. RIM knows it has a problem just like they knew they had a problem with the stuttering keyboards. Never admitted any wrong there either.

Sorry but I DO EXPECT them to test each device before shipping it to the customer.

I know some do not agree but RIM devices are not what they used to be just a few years ago.
    Lol you can't be serious haha. They couldn't possibly test every device that leaves the shop, that'd be asinine. Maybe there is an issue but I suspect it's firmware related, and, as you very well know, they are doing something about. The newest firmware is apparently the best (and blame your carrier, not RiM, for it not being available for your carrier), so let's hope it solves any "bricking" problems (I have experienced it, but it wasn't a big deal to me and hasn't happened since).

11-14-11 01:38 PM
    Lol you can't be serious haha. They couldn't possibly test every device that leaves the shop, that'd be asinine.
    heres the thing though, even if they did it wouldnt help, one person i saw with a bricked 9930 had it brick after 2 months. it was fine for all that time, so testing it in store wouldnt show anything.
    11-14-11 01:40 PM
    If you just want to make a splash in the news and you've got money go for it. How this would help us get better devices from RIM in the near future does elude me though
    if would help in future when RIM does not make phones that Brick at random
    11-14-11 03:58 PM

All that means is we have to wait an extra 6 months to over a year to see our devices. If I was on my 3rd one, I might be thinking that would be worth it, but as for me and the people I know, its going great, so I'd rather not have waited until next year to see mine.
    11-14-11 04:33 PM
    How, exactly, is the 9900 defective? I don't see any problems mine so far. Why is everyone so sue happy?

Because everyone including our politicians see the government as a tool to use for plunder. The law has been perverted into the lawless.
    11-14-11 04:59 PM

Bricking known problem yes- the most useless thread question I have read on the forum in a long time and I am not one to normally be this way but Class Action Suit. You would never find an attorney to even touch that one.
    11-14-11 06:08 PM
    Is the answer to everything a class action law suit? What is with everyone suing each other?! Is it still true in the US you can sue someone for hitting you in a car accident?
    If this was to go through I dont see what the point would be. Are you expecting to get some kind of monetary compensation?
    11-14-11 09:43 PM

Hundreds of thousands? Really?
    11-14-11 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD