Anyone know if the 9900 charging pod is available in stores in Canada yet? or when it will be? I know Crackberry gets it in on August 31st, is that the same for stores like Futureshop/Best Buy?
    08-17-11 06:04 PM
    Futureshop has in stock. Got two today.
    08-20-11 11:42 PM
    It's online on the store here.
    08-21-11 12:47 AM
    FS and Best Buy have them available.
    08-21-11 12:59 AM
    08-21-11 01:44 PM
    Maybe because it actually comes with the plugin/cables as well? I know that futureshop would sell the Bold 9780 one for like 35 bucks and it came with just the Pod, NO cables.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 01:53 PM
    The store, here on Crackberry, had it for about half that, as I recall when I looked it up last nite. I'm sure you'll find it on Amazon for $10-$15 - soon as pods for other models are in that price range. I got some for our 9700 models for about $8 a few months ago.

Edit: Cables don't cost $35. I think the $35 price, here, included cables. Cables are unnecessary any way. The $8 I paid included shipping (U.S.) but no cables. You can probably get cables for well under $5 at monoprice.com.
    Last edited by Mikethaler; 08-21-11 at 01:57 PM.
    08-21-11 01:54 PM
    even with the usb cable, I can't justify $70 for a charging pod.
    08-21-11 01:55 PM
    I think Costco is getting it shortly and I was told it would be about $30 but they didn't have exact pricing.
    08-21-11 01:59 PM
    Just get it at Verizon's online store for $29.99 with free shipping. Even less if you get a discount....

Media Charging Dock w/power supply
    08-21-11 02:02 PM
    The store, here on Crackberry, had it for about half that, as I recall when I looked it up last nite. I'm sure you'll find it on Amazon for $10-$15 - soon as pods for other models are in that price range. I got some for our 9700 models for about $8 a few months ago.

Edit: Cables don't cost $35. I think the $35 price, here, included cables. Cables are unnecessary any way. The $8 I paid included shipping (U.S.) but no cables. You can probably get cables for well under $5 at monoprice.com.
    Yeah, just saying that's probably Futureshops justification for the higher price. Def not condoning that price, waay to expensive.

08-21-11 02:13 PM
    The one on Verizon isn't the Blackberry pod, it's an aftermarket one. I called and they pulled up details on it and it was from some other manufacturer. Let me know if you find out otherwise.
    08-21-11 05:02 PM
    the one verizon sells is a BLACKBERRY pod. and it does come with usb and wall cables...but it sucks. the device doesn't sit in it well, it falls out easy and it doesn't connect every time to the charging contacts.

The one on Verizon isn't the Blackberry pod, it's an aftermarket one. I called and they pulled up details on it and it was from some other manufacturer. Let me know if you find out otherwise.
    08-21-11 07:19 PM
    the one verizon sells is a BLACKBERRY pod. and it does come with usb and wall cables...but it sucks. the device doesn't sit in it well, it falls out easy and it doesn't connect every time to the charging contacts.
    Can you verify this? Did you order Set Your Location and receive it and has the RIM dots on it?

With my 25% discount this would be a great price.
    08-21-11 07:28 PM
    i bought it at a vzn store. it has the BB logo on top and blackberry on the bottom. it works, but not near as well as the 9650. it's a very shallow cradle.

Can you verify this? Did you order Set Your Location and receive it and has the RIM dots on it?

With my 25% discount this would be a great price.
    08-21-11 07:32 PM
    Yea, I was talking about the one on their site. I called them because I couldn't tell if it was an OEM one or aftermarket. They looked into it and said aftermarket.

I stopped at my local vz store this afternoon and they have nothing till the 25th. Also tried BestBuy and they don't even think vz will be letting them carry the phone as they haven't heard from the rep on a launch for it.

How much was yours at the store?
    08-21-11 07:38 PM
    29.99 i think. its definitely NOT an aftermarket.
    08-21-11 07:39 PM
    Are you saying the one online isn't aftermarket? The rep said the manufacturer on it was some company (can't recall the name) that they sell all kinds of accessories for. Though it wouldn't be the first time they've told me something untrue.

It's possible they have a different one online than in the store.
    08-21-11 07:47 PM
    I got the charging pod at the Verizon store on 8/19 for $22 including tax, after company discount. It has worked great so far no problem seating properly every time. It is very small and shallow but sturdier than I thought it would be. Works fine on my night table. Might get one for my office as well.
    08-21-11 07:55 PM
    I got the charging pod at the Verizon store on 8/19 for $22 including tax, after company discount. It has worked great so far no problem seating properly every time. It is very small and shallow but sturdier than I thought it would be. Works fine on my night table. Might get one for my office as well.

08-23-11 06:28 PM
    For those in Toronto ...Bell store at Fairview mall had 2. Just picked one up for $39.99...

08-23-11 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD