I bought a charging pod for the Bold 9900 and it charged great at first but now it charges very slowly. I'm talking about 20-30% over 6 hours. I`ve tried to do the following

-Change source cable from usb cube cable to playbook charger
    - Used a different electrical plug location
    - I always check that the lightning bolt is on and I even turn off the phone sometimes to make sure the light is flashing indicating that it`s charging.

Not sure what else I can do, I think I might have a defective unit, is anyone else experiencing anything similar and can help me out with what to do?

Thanks!
    02-15-14 04:12 PM
    Have you tried cleaning the charging contacts on both the charger and your 9900? And does the normal charger (using the cord) charge your 9900 at a regular rate?

You probably have a defective unit.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    02-16-14 09:02 AM
    Thanks for you reply,

Yes it charges at a normal rate when I plug it into a USB cable.

Is there a specific method to clean them? I jus used the cleaning cloth on the phone contacts and just blown to get any dust off the actual pod contacts. Charging it tongight, will report back with reults tomorrow I hope shop crackberry has a good return policy if the unit is actually defective because it definately looks like it is
    02-17-14 02:15 AM
    Is there a specific method to clean them? I jus used the cleaning cloth on the phone contacts and just blown to get any dust off the actual pod contacts.
    A bit more vigorous method may be needed for electrical contacts like these.
    Pencil eraser usually works well. Don't be too aggressive. Just press it on contacts and rotate/move a few times.
    I use the charging pod, and every once n a while this happens. After charging overnight, it was not full. I never investigated why, as it was rare, and usually corrects itself after repositioning the phone in the pod (seating problem). The seating in that small charging pod is often finicky.
    Last edited by xanadome; 02-17-14 at 07:35 AM.
    02-17-14 06:05 AM
    Thanks for you reply,

Yes it charges at a normal rate when I plug it into a USB cable.

Is there a specific method to clean them? I jus used the cleaning cloth on the phone contacts and just blown to get any dust off the actual pod contacts. Charging it tongight, will report back with reults tomorrow I hope shop crackberry has a good return policy if the unit is actually defective because it definately looks like it is
    Did you try using a different wall wort?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD