- CrackBerry User
- 34 Posts
Ive got a curious question. Ive used a normal usb extension cord to lengthen my charging cord so that i can use it while on the couch because the outlet is far away. Ive found that if i use the extension cord my phone charge rate gets lower as it reaches the higher percentages and sometimes doesnt charge fully. Ive used many different usb ext cables. But when i only use the small cord directly in the charger i dont have those issues.
Can anyone say if they also experience this or is there some explanation for it. I have had this issue with numerous OS versions as well. Any insight would be appreciated.
- CrackBerry Genius
12-21-2012, 01:00 PM #4
- 4,456 Posts
yup, while data speed doesnt really drop on extensions of USB cables (unless its very long or has alot of connections) the current drop will be impacted
- By flems in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 27Last Post: 06-28-2009, 02:48 PM
- By fatreg in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 22Last Post: 10-14-2008, 06:40 PM
- By chill636 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 08-30-2008, 03:30 AM
- By iscubadive in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 1Last Post: 06-06-2007, 09:22 AM
- By naviwilliams in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 05-20-2007, 12:38 PM