Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Charging dock

I really hope that they come out with a better charging dock for the new N series then the one they did for the 9900/9930, It's like some times it makes a propper connection, others not, resulting in a incomplete charge, plus its not very stable, I even turned on the device sound and it didn't make any difference.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts

The Seidio 9900 charger isn't any better. I have to wedge a paper clip in the front in order to line up the contacts.

The old style contacts (on the back) were waaaay better.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Default Charging dock

I use a generic one from amazon. It looks like the old style oem docks. Works better and it cost like $5.00

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,995 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    The Seidio 9900 charger isn't any better. I have to wedge a paper clip in the front in order to line up the contacts.

The old style contacts (on the back) were waaaay better.
    We have 6 of the Seido's at work for our 9930s and we've had no problems with them. I have one on my desk and one at home too. I drop it in, give a little press down and it's charging, every time. I love them. Much more stable than the BB OEM dock. My sister wants a second one. Give me a good price and I'll take yours
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
    We have 6 of the Seido's at work for our 9930s and we've had no problems with them. I have one on my desk and one at home too. I drop it in, give a little press down and it's charging, every time. I love them. Much more stable than the BB OEM dock. My sister wants a second one. Give me a good price and I'll take yours
    100% agree. Love my seido dock, had the OEM dock from RIM and always had a hard time getting a proper connection. My seido dock is drop and go, much better then the OEM dock from RIM.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry User

I want to buy charging dock for 9900. How much it will cost ???
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Here is funny update, I'm now using a Q10 (love it) but I use my 9930 to mess around with, been putting it on the charging dock and now I'm getting a full charge all the time, don't know if the change in temperature is causing it or maybe she's jealous.

Posted on my BlackBerry Q10, because I'm so Bloody Special.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

Quote Originally Posted by cubez View Post
    I use a generic one from amazon. It looks like the old style oem docks. Works better and it cost like $5.00

Your spot on there. I have used two of them for both of our 9900's for a long time. They just drop in perfectly every time. Cheap as chips too.

Do as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).

Into every life a little ale must pour