Hey guys could i use my Q10 charger to charge a bold 9900? it wont damage it or anything right?
    01-26-14 12:25 PM
    No, you're good.
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    01-26-14 01:20 PM
    No, you're good.
    Thanks, do you recommend me buying a bold 9900 in 2014? i sold my nexus 5 as it was too fiddly and woste my time, i've looked into the BB 9720 but i'm looking for something abit nicer and more powerful and the bold 9900 seems to be the perfect fit.
    01-26-14 03:33 PM
    Thanks, do you recommend me buying a bold 9900 in 2014? i sold my nexus 5 as it was too fiddly and woste my time, i've looked into the BB 9720 but i'm looking for something abit nicer and more powerful and the bold 9900 seems to be the perfect fit.
    Interesting question. And if you ask different people, you'll get different answers. But, since you've asked me...

The 9900 is one of my favorite devices -- BlackBerry or otherwise -- of all time. Beautiful design, excellent keyboard and build quality. It feels great in my hand. I know a number of people who use it, love it and feel no need to change. That said, the battery was a little under capacity for me (a very heavy user). And, I prefer the email capabilities of BB 10 over the BIS email the 9900 is capable of providing. Note that you would have to have a BIS-enabled data plan to use it fully.

If you're specifically looking for a device with a qwerty keyboard, have you considered the Q10? It's essentially the evolution of the 9900, has a somewhat bigger screen, with BB10 at it's core. There's also the Q5 -- a little more economical than the Q10, but technically an advance over the 9900.

BB 10 has a bit of a learning curve to it, but once you're used to it, it lets you fly through your communications more easily than you can believe.

I'd suggest taking a look at this article: The best BlackBerry you can buy | CrackBerry.com. There are links to in-depth info on each device within the article. I don't think you'd go wrong choosing any of them. Good luck with your choice.
    01-26-14 09:03 PM
    Interesting question. And if you ask different people, you'll get different answers. But, since you've asked me...

The 9900 is one of my favorite devices -- BlackBerry or otherwise -- of all time. Beautiful design, excellent keyboard and build quality. It feels great in my hand. I know a number of people who use it, love it and feel no need to change. That said, the battery was a little under capacity for me (a very heavy user). And, I prefer the email capabilities of BB 10 over the BIS email the 9900 is capable of providing. Note that you would have to have a BIS-enabled data plan to use it fully.

If you're specifically looking for a device with a qwerty keyboard, have you considered the Q10? It's essentially the evolution of the 9900, has a somewhat bigger screen, with BB10 at it's core. There's also the Q5 -- a little more economical than the Q10, but technically an advance over the 9900.

BB 10 has a bit of a learning curve to it, but once you're used to it, it lets you fly through your communications more easily than you can believe.

I'd suggest taking a look at this article: The best BlackBerry you can buy | CrackBerry.com. There are links to in-depth info on each device within the article. I don't think you'd go wrong choosing any of them. Good luck with your choice.
    Yeah I actually had a Q10 before i had the nexus 5, unfortunately I lost it. But the time i did have with it, it was a great phone, done everything i threw at it and performed well, but you see my situation right now is that i want a phone to be a phone(calling and texting) and abit extra(minimum browsing and whatsapp) and thats all i need, i've realised that i dont need a flashy phone or many apps. thats exactly why i sold my nexus 5, it was too distracting and a time waster, i was always trying to customise it in this way or the other, downloading apps and deleting them and so on...i dont want that anymore, i just want a phone for a phone and i believe the bold 9900 is the ebst for that. i could get the q10 but even that is abit flashy, the app store is growing which is good for everyone else but not for me as i might be tempted to download and delete and what not. I also want something which is damnn simple which again i think is the bold 9900.

i could just get a cheap phone that does what i'm saying but the bold 9900 has solid build quality, good looking and has a qwerty keybaord, perfect for texting, a phone was made to call and text, the bold does texting perfectly as it has a keybaord, and has good network connection(from reviews) and a nice loud speaker. everything i need!
    01-27-14 01:53 PM
    Yeah I actually had a Q10 before i had the nexus 5, unfortunately I lost it. But the time i did have with it, it was a great phone, done everything i threw at it and performed well, but you see my situation right now is that i want a phone to be a phone(calling and texting) and abit extra(minimum browsing and whatsapp) and thats all i need, i've realised that i dont need a flashy phone or many apps. thats exactly why i sold my nexus 5, it was too distracting and a time waster, i was always trying to customise it in this way or the other, downloading apps and deleting them and so on...i dont want that anymore, i just want a phone for a phone and i believe the bold 9900 is the ebst for that. i could get the q10 but even that is abit flashy, the app store is growing which is good for everyone else but not for me as i might be tempted to download and delete and what not. I also want something which is damnn simple which again i think is the bold 9900.

i could just get a cheap phone that does what i'm saying but the bold 9900 has solid build quality, good looking and has a qwerty keybaord, perfect for texting, a phone was made to call and text, the bold does texting perfectly as it has a keybaord, and has good network connection(from reviews) and a nice loud speaker. everything i need!
    In that case, I think you'll be happy with the classy 9900. Cheers.
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    01-27-14 02:56 PM
    Ordered it :d :d
    01-30-14 04:39 PM
    Hi,

I used a 9700 for more than three years... really happy with it until the microphone volume started to get very low... I have spent 2013 trying to find a new phone. I wanted to keep loyal to BB so I tried Q10 when it was released but I got dissapointed, maybe because BB10 was not fully ready for me at that time. I missed bis and trackpad and imo bb10 has been more focus designed for full screen devices. So I gave a second chance to BB10 with Z30 but I could not justified the high price. So finaly I got happy with Nexus 5.

After three month with my N5, I started to feel the same way ice_cold_q describes. So I decided to get a brand new bb9900 for almost half of N5 price and I can not be happier with my choose. Now my main device is bb9900 and I keep N5 as secondary device for fun ( games, browse and apps) with a 1gb data plan for 7 euros/month. I got a BB bundle so I got a second battery with it so the bb9900 battery life issue is not a problem any more...

Now I have the best of both worlds for less than a iphone 5S cost... I hope that for the time I need a new device BB10 will have been improved so I can keep loyal to BB.
    Ice_Cold_Q and xanadome like this.
    02-03-14 11:25 AM