Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Changing NAT on BB Hotspot for Xbox Live

Hi,

Does anyone know any possible way to adjust the NAT so I can use my blackberry hotspot for xbox live. I get it to connect but it is NAT Type: Strict so I am unable to communicate or play games against other Live users. There has gotta be some way to do it but I have yet to find it. Please help!! Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Wouldn't advise it at all. Because XBOX Live will need a strong connection, so, If you connect it to your phone to use Tethering / Mobile Hotspot features, it will cost highly because of the demand put on your mobile network.
    Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
    CrackBerry User

Default Changing NAT on BB Hotspot for Xbox Live

Good day,

First Crowezine is wrong, I use my 9900 since last mars on daily basis for call of duty on xbox, it take an average of 50 mb per hrs, and i rarely lag..

i don't understand why you have problem even if your nat is strict, cause i don't..

the only way to open you nat, is to connect via your computer, and share your connection with ethernet with your xbox.. it does open your nat, but i rarely use it.. prefer just connect via hotspot.. way more simple..

Good luck..

Dan

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

So I got it to work by creating Hotspot then connecting laptop to hotspot via wifi and then ethernet cord from laptop to xbox and using ICS. However, when I go to play NBA 2k13 vs people online, it lags like crazy and ends the game within 30 seconds. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I also use my blackberry for a xbox hotspot and never usually have a problem,, but my little brother has recently got an xbox and when I try to connect to his party it wont have none of it, but anyone else on my friends list I could connect to them, I also came across something, your blackberry has a 30min timeout but for a full day it didn't appear and I didn't get disconnected, I don't know if I somehow made it do this but if anyone knows how to do it again please let me know and the reason is lasted the day and no longer is because my phone died (N)