- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Changing How Contacts are Displayed in Contact List
Hi! I am a new Blackberry user and I have a question about how to change how contacts are displayed on the Bold 9900. Currently, when I add a new contact the Title is diplayed first in the contact list, followed by the person's first and last name. I would like to display only last name, first name. Unfortunately when I try to do this under options - language - Global Name Display by selecting Last Name, First Name, I end up with a display that shows last name job title, first name. How do I fix this? The only options under Global Name Display that I see are First Name Last Name and Last Name, First Name.
- 11-16-12, 10:37 AM #2
In this case, while yes "Title" could refer to job title, I believe it refers to Mr. Mrs. Ms. Miss or Dr. more of a personal title if you will. I know it can be confusing, but thats how I've always taken it to mean. Normally, I leave this "Title" field blank. If I need to put someones job title in their contact info, I usually put it in with the "Company" field as "CrackBerry - Editor in Chief" for example.
- 11-16-12, 11:26 AM #3
No way to fix this. I have the same thing with multiple contacts. Like the previous poster mentioned, use company field if you want. Doesn't work for me though because I have company filled with actual company or agency and contact has rank as title.
- By riannn in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 2Last Post: 03-14-11, 07:57 AM
- By Sainthak in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 2Last Post: 10-15-10, 09:49 AM
- By LucyL in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 0Last Post: 03-31-10, 10:38 AM
- By Smokexz in forum BlackBerry Curve 8350iReplies: 1Last Post: 11-01-09, 08:02 AM
- By 0pusX in forum BlackBerry Curve 8350iReplies: 6Last Post: 02-14-09, 03:39 PM