Greetings!

My BB 9930 on Verizon with 7.1.0.163 shuts the radio off when the battery level reaches 29%. Worse yet, I get absolutely no audible notifications that my connection is about to be dropped.

If my memory serves, the threshold was much lower (like 5 or 10%) with version 7.0 and was curious if there was a way to change it? It would just be nice to have a notification again.

I have searched for threads on this but didn't run across anything. I have seen references to "PlugItIn' but it seems that app is no longer available. Okay, it is no longer available in the Crackberry store but I see it in BB AppWorld. If there are no other suggestions, I will download this program.

If anyone can refer me to a thread that addresses this, I would much obliged.

For reference, I do have TinyMeter 1.1.0 by Yohanes Nugroho installed as well as Fixmo Tools. I do not think any other applications I have installed would be likely to affect the threshold.

Thank you in advance!

Dan
    Last edited by bull_thumper; 04-07-12 at 11:14 PM. Reason: PlugItIn found in AppWorld
    04-07-12 11:10 PM
    I also have a 9930 on VZW. Update your device to Sprint's 7.1.0.267 or one of the newer leaks. Then go to options> device> battery saving mode. Battery saving mode automatically adjusts settings to maximize your battery when the battery power reaches a certain level. Mine is set at 20%.
    04-07-12 11:20 PM
    I also have a 9930 on VZW. Update your device to Sprint's 7.1.0.267 or one of the newer leaks. Then go to options> device> battery saving mode. Battery saving mode automatically adjusts settings to maximize your battery when the battery power reaches a certain level. Mine is set at 20%.
    I will consider that even though I have been hesitant to load an "unofficial" OS, especially since my 9930 has been absolutely rock-solid since I picked it up right after introduction. I see on http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os the latest version for the 9930 is currently 7.1.0.340.

Thank you for your input.

Dan
    04-07-12 11:33 PM
    I understand, my device came with .163 and it was very stable as well, there's not much difference in the os's. 267 might be slightly faster. Good luck.
    04-08-12 12:02 AM
    And i never got any notification sound when battery is full or something i only gets a beep at 10%
    04-08-12 12:29 PM
    princebb has the answer. It works for me as well.
    I use BeBuzz and it allows me to control the battery% Hope that helps.
    04-08-12 08:02 PM
    I use BeBuzz and it allows me to control the battery% Hope that helps.
    I thought I bought BeBuzz once upon a time. Might check that out.

As it turns out, I found the solution! I simply uninstalled the battery monitor part of FixmoTools that I had downloaded when it was part of the free downloads.

The net result is that I pulled my 9930 off the charger this morning and it's at 17% at midnight, including several hours of phone calls. Mission accomplished!

I just wanted to let you know what I discovered and to thank you for your replies!

Dan
    04-11-12 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD