CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default change 8520 to 9900

im thinking about change the device, to an 9900, but like most of the users, afraid of the constant briking problems with the 9900...
    i agree with some users that say we have almost all the posts about bricking, but not the ones that have a good experience with the phone, no briking at all...
    my question is, how much people have died phones, i see some cases about users that have 2 devices with briking, so this means that the percentage of bricking is really high, almost enough for NOT buying a device without waranty?..

sounds stupid, but im not sure if 20% of the phones are bad, or only 1% (by example)

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english, hope you all understand my question...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,052 Global Posts

think of it this way. people either only complain when something is wrong like the bricking or if they are in love with the phone.

the majority of people i know get the phone and tell me its awesome but would never post up stuff on cb as long as it is working fine. so the numbers on this site may be decieving. we have 3 million people on the site and there are 75 million+ berry users.

i would say get the 9900 and keep the curve as a backup if anything happens and have insurance swap it out for you.
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    Thanked by 2:
    scoltore (02-01-2012),  shemaree09 (02-02-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM

Just update your OS, the brick never happened here..
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    think of it this way. people either only complain when something is wrong like the bricking or if they are in love with the phone.

the majority of people i know get the phone and tell me its awesome but would never post up stuff on cb as long as it is working fine. so the numbers on this site may be decieving. we have 3 million people on the site and there are 75 million+ berry users.

i would say get the 9900 and keep the curve as a backup if anything happens and have insurance swap it out for you.
    Exactly. I've had mine for 4 months with no problems.

Just upgrade the OS to 7.1 and you shouldn't have any problems.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

I used to think like you, but got the 9900 anyway, and have had zero issues. Do it, but be ready for the change in the keyboard. It's better, but bigger and takes a little bit to get used to. But you will love it.
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

You cant hold no groove, if you aint got no pocket!.... Bootsy Collins

Bass Playing Blackberry/iPhone Addict Club Charter Member
    CrackBerry Newbie

I switched from 8520 to 9900, best decision I've made