For the most part I have been very disappointed with the video streaming quality of videos on the Bold 9900, for example: espn mobile video quality is just horrible, NYTimes videos horrible. Crackberry embedded youtube videos are of great quality when the work, many are "unavailable" and then you have to click the youtube link which the quality is not as good.
    Today I stumbled upon the CBS news website and played some of the videos and the quality is fantastic!!! If all the videos would play at this quality I would never have to use my laptop.

If you know of websites that stream great quality videos to the our devices please share!
    I'm looking for sites that show sports video highlights.

Thanks!
    03-30-12 03:25 AM
    I find blackberry loses out on a lot f videos .get a error that their is no format for the device. guess it is the adobe issue and flash.
    03-30-12 05:46 PM
    Try ditching the YouTube App and put a Youtube shortcut on your Home/Media Screen. Also, there are settings for video quality etc. available when you access your YouTube account using a computer that you will not have throught the BB browser.

But, yes, WiFi is necessary to stream video uninterrupted. For this reason I have been having my phone recycle lots of Podcasts and that gets me through when all else fails.

A lot of the early 9900 OS's, especially 7.0 gave me errors when trying to stream YouTube but its been awhile since that has happened for me since I always use the latest leak. I'm on .342 just now and prior to updating all my BB apps in the Beta Zone the phone was working extremely well. .267 is nice too but no sense in using that OS with .342 available. .342 is much better on battery life and UI flow.

Just make sure you do a nice clean install and don't use DM to reinstall all your settings, that is the biggest mistake people make. Use BB Protect, reinstall your apps from scratch, and maybe us DM to reinstall some messages, alarms, tasks, etc. Nothing more.

Got Pandora streaming HQ via BT in the car now while the Wife gets her nails done!
    03-30-12 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD