I have service through AT&T. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with them and they went through the usual steps and it didnt fix the issue. Using a 9900.

Has anyone had this issue before? If so, please help! Frustrating.

Jake

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-07-14 02:24 PM
    What method of sending pictures fails? If you have email working you should be able to send attachments... etc. Give us a few simple steps to follow when you see the problem it that seems easier
    06-07-14 03:32 PM
    Its strictly when I try to send and receive pictures with texting. MMS usage. BBM allows me to send and receive, receive them via email...and all other forms.

They resent the data logs, rebooted my phone and made sure the IMEI matched. All should be okay now...but its still not working.

06-07-14 03:56 PM
    Can you send plain text sms and mms? This is either you're doing something the wrong way or the network has not configured the correct permissions to your account (sim)
    06-07-14 04:07 PM
    SMS works. Just not pictures to other phones.

06-07-14 04:16 PM
    You didn't tell us what you see when it fails, that might give a few more clues. If you can "send" but the message is rejected that would point toward a SIM permissions issue. If you can't even attach a picture to create the message that would tend to suggest a software problem. It might also be relevant to ask where in the world, which cellular carrier, etc because there are still a few regions where certain features are blocked by local regulations.
    06-08-14 03:16 AM
    My Verizon 9930 doesnt even show the attach pic option to a text message. ..what gives?

Sent using my Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere 2 Slider
    06-10-14 07:07 AM
    My Verizon 9930 doesnt even show the attach pic option to a text message. ..what gives?

On that phone you have to open an mms instead of an sms.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 07:24 AM
    I have service through AT&T. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with them and they went through the usual steps and it didnt fix the issue. Using a 9900.

Jake

You most likely have limited cell coverage. The lowest cell service will do voice and limited data. Mms and larger data transport would likely require you edge or 4g service. I bet if you turn wifi off, you would only have voice service and no internet.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 07:26 AM

Jake

Did you try the APN settings ? If I were you I would try this if you haven't already and see if it helps;
    Go to: Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/TCP IP and there make sure that the 'APN Settings Enabled:' is marked, then next option 'APN' should be APN: wap.cingular
    That is because you are with AT&T, everything else should be left unmarked..............
    06-10-14 07:28 AM
    Mine doesn't even have an mms option.

06-10-14 07:55 AM
    Check you have the MMS service books enabled on the phone. This is a carrier option and they need to enable MMS for balckberry against your account. Some carriers let you do it yourself via there website (The site you pay the bill via, and pick call options)

If you don't have the service books then no MMS... SMS will (in general) always work.
    06-10-14 12:26 PM
    fixed, had to factory reset and get rid of "IT Policy", MMS back up and running!

Sent from my Legendary BlackBerry Bold 9930
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-11-14 12:43 AM
    Did you try the APN settings ? If I were you I would try this if you haven't already and see if it helps;
    Go to: Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/TCP IP and there make sure that the 'APN Settings Enabled:' is marked, then next option 'APN' should be APN: wap.cingular
    That is because you are with AT&T, everything else should be left unmarked..............
    I have the same problem, also with AT&T, and unfortunately that did not fix my problem. AT&T support is also useless.
    06-12-14 10:52 AM
    Check for IT policy .
    Options / Security / Security Status Information.
    06-13-14 11:40 AM
    Check for IT policy .
    Options / Security / Security Status Information.
    There is none :/
    06-15-14 12:59 AM

Jake

Be more specific on how you're trying to send

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    06-15-14 01:16 AM
    Be more specific on how you're trying to send

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    MMS
    06-16-14 02:12 AM
    MMS
    I am opening an MMS message (either group message or sending a picture) and it doens't send out to the recipients. It simply displays the red X. However, if they send something to me, I receive a notice that the message has been received with the option to 'download' but the content will never download.
    06-16-14 10:52 AM
    Check you have the MMS service books enabled on the phone. This is a carrier option and they need to enable MMS for balckberry against your account. Some carriers let you do it yourself via there website (The site you pay the bill via, and pick call options)

If you don't have the service books then no MMS... SMS will (in general) always work.
    Any advice on how I check this?
    06-16-14 10:53 AM
    Options -> device -> advance system settings -> service books.

Look through the list for;

MMS Client [MMS]
    <your carrier name> PictureMessage [WPTCP]
    or MMS Transport [WPTCP]

I believe those are the ones you need to send/receive an MMS message. If they are missing you need to call your carrier and tell them you want picture messaging/MMS enabled on your blackberry specifically tell them its a BBry device.

If still no joy I'm not sure what else to offer I'm afraid...
    06-16-14 04:22 PM
    This annoyed me so much I just went back to my Q10. Cannot wait for the Q20 though, I am a sucker for the toolbelt.
    06-17-14 11:19 PM
    is there a solution for the Red X mms on the 9900?

the mms feature and the red x just suddenly appeared and it hasn't left
    10-25-14 03:06 PM