Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xDAKx
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't Recieve text messages from Apple Iphone IOS5 Users

I have an ATT BlackBerry Bold 9900 and I able to send out text messages just find and get replies from anyone not using an IPHONE with IOS5.

When users with an IPHONE with IOS5 reply back to my text it assumes I am on IMessage! So i never receive the messages!

I have checked with ATT and everything on there end is BlackBerry Services etc..

I called Apple Tech Support they informed to let people know to delete my contact and recreate it since it might be cached in their phones but that didnt fix the issue..

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Aztec
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    PIN
    G!

Your phone number is associated with an Apple ID -somewhere-, and at some point that Apple ID has signed into something like an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch which with iOS 5 and iMessage active, so devices with iOS 5 are sending messages through iMessage to a device somewhere.

I've never actually had an issue with someone's iPhone thinking I'm on iMessage and sending it through that service, I actually switched from an iPhone, I switch iMessage off and that brought everything back through SMS.

It may sound foolish, but I'd have people try and delete your contact again, and also to delete the conversation in their Messages app, and see if that helps.
    Donald Kelly | @DonaldKelly_
    Curve 9360 + Bold 9790
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,825 Global Posts

Have you rebooted?

Do the messages show failed on the iPhone end?

Have you tried getting messages from another user with another carrier?

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by xDAKx View Post
    Your phone number is associated with an Apple ID -somewhere-, and at some point that Apple ID has signed into something like an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch which with iOS 5 and iMessage active, so devices with iOS 5 are sending messages through iMessage to a device somewhere. <--That's what I am thought I deleted my number/device from my Apple ID..

I've never actually had an issue with someone's iPhone thinking I'm on iMessage and sending it through that service, I actually switched from an iPhone, I switch iMessage off and that brought everything back through SMS.

It may sound foolish, but I'd have people try and delete your contact again, and also to delete the conversation in their Messages app, and see if that helps.
    <-- Tried this and it didnt work.. Apple Support suggested the same.

Thanks!

Aztec
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

No the messages do not show as failed. I receive messages from other carriers or people who aren't on an IOS5 device.

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Have you rebooted?

Do the messages show failed on the iPhone end?

Have you tried getting messages from another user with another carrier?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    PIN
    G!

Quote Originally Posted by aztec2k View Post
    <-- Tried this and it didnt work.. Apple Support suggested the same.

Thanks!

Aztec
    Hmmmm! Strange. This is definitely the first time I personally have heard of it happening where the iMessage service continues to push messages to a device/user that's no longer active.

My only real suggestion that I can think of would be to find a friend with an iOS device that has iOS 5, and ask them if you can borrow it for a minute, so you can log into iMessage on that device (it shouldn't mess with any of their messages) and then immediately log back out, making sure that you also delete the device out of iCloud and the Apple ID service afterwards.

Entirely less than ideal, but thinking it through in my head, I'm thinking it may be your only option, the carrier can't help you because it's out of their realm of control, and Apple aren't going to be able to help you as they don't have the tools to be able to reset something like that.
    Donald Kelly | @DonaldKelly_
    Curve 9360 + Bold 9790
    aztec2k likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

My wife had a similar problem when she upgraded from an iPhone 3 to 4s. A lot of the time text messages were not going through to her contacts. Apple suggested to delete the contacts and add them again. That didn't work. The next step was to erase/wipe the phone and then reinstall everything via syncing with the computer, rather than restoring a backup. This fixed the problem.

On my wife's phone, her text messages would show as delivery failed or something like that. When we got to a second level of support at the carrier, they checked on their system and found that the phone was not sending the area code with the text message, so it wouldn't go through. All the contacts had area codes in their phone number details. I suspect it is a glitch in the iPhone device setup/transfer process when coming from another phone.
    Last edited by robsteve; 11-26-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question Did anyone

EVER figure this out??? I'm having the exact same problem. Switched from the iP4 to the Blkberry Bold, and my friends are sending me messages and I never get them, it is sending them as imessages.

Tony
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Had this same issue a while back, and came across this article on the iMore website:

http://www.imore.com/2012/01/05/imes...time-easy-fix/

After following the instructions, I didn't have any more issues receiving SMS messages from iPhones.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Unfortunatly, it appears your phone is won't accept texts from pretentious phones.

Shame. BB and iPhone will never get along I fear.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Visit my website at www.pgbabyweardirect.co.uk
    CrackBerry User

I get this issue also, however i have never owned an iphone. its quite annoying. I have reprovisioned, downgraded os, upgraded os, resent service books, called sprint and never found a solution. it happens roughly the 2nd week of the month and lasts 5ish days.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts

It can only think its an iMessage if you're on an iPhone.
    Seeing how you have a blackberry, when the iPhone user goes to send you a text it will say "text message" instead of "iMessage" in the text field before they type the message.
    So idk how it can think its sending you an iMessage.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Current devices: iPhone 4S 32GB (Black) & Blackberry Bold 9930