Can't get BIS over wi-fi
Hello, I have come across a big problem with my Blackberry and that's getting the internet services working over wifi.
I had it working with the three network which the phone was locked to but my contract had ended and I switched to vodafone after unlocking my phone. I had a BIS data plan on my vodafone uk payg and it didn't work over wifi. I then bought a giffgaff goodybag sim with 400mins/unlimited texts & data + my BIS package.
I don't get a strong signal in my house with giffgaff and was wondering if anyone knows any fixes to how to get my bis working over wifi as it takes me around 5 minutes to receive a message ...
I've tried deleting the "Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport" service book and battery pulled my phone and the bis still doesn't work over wifi.. It works fine outside and some places in my home over the network but not wifi.. At all!!
If I turn my mobile network off and just wifi I can use wifi for surfing the web like youtube, fb, crackberry etc..
Please someone help me
Edit: I've tried resetting my router with the reset button on the back so that the settings are default.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
- 12-11-2012, 11:02 AM #6
it sucks because rim does allow bis over wifi.. as long as you have a data plan they suppose to allow it but certain carriers have decided to block it
KB13368-Services that are available over a Wi-Fi connectionGod, Forgives I Dont.. BB Abuser...
- 12-11-2012, 12:57 PM #7
Try the GiffGaff BIS site to register the device.
Also, try this:
Goto: Options->Device->Advanced System Setting->Host Routing Table
Then click the BB menu button and then choose 'Register Now'.
- By intoxicating in forum Service OutagesReplies: 9Last Post: 06-11-2011, 05:58 PM
- By lukeb817 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 1Last Post: 04-11-2011, 06:32 PM
- By Culex316 in forum Service OutagesReplies: 26Last Post: 11-21-2010, 04:44 PM
- By AlexCrammer in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-15-2010, 08:15 PM
- By melhiore in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-22-2009, 01:17 PM