CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't find downloaded os

Hey guys, I'm trying to upgrade my 9900 from 7.0.0.590 to 7.1. I have downloaded 7.1.0.402 3 times, but can't find it any where on the computer. I have gone to add/remove programs and the only BB file in there is the desktop software.

However when I go to common files etc. and there is a file that has all the RIM files, with no vendor file. Its the vendor file that I am trying to find so that I can delete it.

When I connect my BB to the computer, it doesn't show up any upgrade. I know the file has been downloaded 3 times.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

Did you INSTALL the device OS to the computer by running the EXE file after it was downloaded?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,241 Global Posts
    PIN
    K. 27F3DC2E put cb in request

Like SwitchBeach said: install the EXE file and restart your laptop/computer delete vendor.xml's if needed,
    and if you are doing it correctly the OS will show up and you can update it.
    gee gee baby~
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

Have you checked your 'Downloads' folder?
    Motorola Razr Maxx HD
    Playbook 16gb WiFi tablet

We all know life ain't fair, why not admit it? Don't just sit around, go out and GET IT.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

You guys are probably right. I've been leaving the download to finish at the parentals. I have definitely told them to leave the download to complete, but maybe haven't given them the full instructions.

I should've realised.

Lets try again tomorrow.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

As other people said.. downloading the file is only the first step of upgrading an OS.
    Now, if you feel uneasy or even donīt know that you need to INSTALL the downloaded file in your pc in order to upgrade the OS, I might recommend NOT to get into the upgrade process....
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,934 Global Posts

Pay attention when you click save what folder it is saving it in. Go to that folder and double click the file to start the installation.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Hey guys, thanks for the help.

It was really just a slip up on my part, not telling the folks how to close off, after the download finished.

i've down 3 upgrades and never had an issue. Upgraded me 9700 to the very first os6 leak, and also did my wife's later. Then have also done on upgrade on my 9900. I just use (I think his name is ELITE's set of instructions).

Thanks again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk