Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dkgip
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author #1

Default Can't delete a email

Tried to delete mail on handheld but it won't let me delete. Its only one email that I forwarded
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author #2

Can someone please help?
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,215 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

Weird. If you perform a battery pull, can you delete after that?

Failing that can you remove that email account and re-add it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,680 Global Posts

Try removing it from your server or web service/outlook first, and then reboot PC and battery pull phone--then try and delete it. See if that helps. Good Luck!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

Look in your "Saved Messages" Folder.
    CrackBerry User

I was going to start a new question. But I know what Nasir is talking about. If you forward an e-mail on the 9900 Then you can not delete it later. If you resend service books or re-register on the internet and even a battery pull will clear (Delete) the messages but only until you send the next e-mail forward than the problem starts all over again. I noticed today when I forwarded a message. It saved the forwarded message with the original message as it should on the phone but also produced a duplicate copy of the forwarded message on the phone. And I can not delete any of the three messages off the phone. My e-mail is GMail and my phone provider is T-Mobile. What is also interesting is...That I just checked is... The original deleted forwarded message is showing in my GMail trash box as being deleted. But it is still on my phone, even though I told the phone to delete the message from both the phone and from GMail.
    ...Joel
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Default Can't delete a email

Quote Originally Posted by Nasir Jones View Post
    Tried to delete mail on handheld but it won't let me delete. Its only one email that I forwarded
    In messages open Menu>Display Style>Single Messages then delete the email. Now go back and group by subject. It should be gone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    buddy3682 and mrsmac717 like this.
    CrackBerry User

"Menu>Display Style>Single Messages then delete the email." YEP!! I did this before I saw this message and yes it actually worked.
    Actually I didn't need to delete the messages again...They went away as soon as I went to the single message mode.
    I wish RIM would fix this bug.
    Thanks.....Joel
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

This worked beautifully for me and it was driving me crazy. Thanks so much!