It comes up with 'failed to connect to the network'

Was working before updating software. Is there an easy fix?

Cheers,

7.1- .746 Bold 9900
    11-15-12 04:50 AM
    i ave having problems with my wifi as well with the 7.1.746 my phone cant find anything when i am at work then when i go right beside the modem i find it before i was able to get ntrent from my desk but now i cant any idea how to fix this
    11-15-12 09:45 AM
    im having the same issues with the wifi on my phone and i think others are as well they just don't use the wifi much that's why they don't say much about it . i personally think its a hardware issue with these 9900 phones they just plain and simple suck with wifi.
    11-15-12 08:53 PM
    oh and another thing im going on a limb here but im getting fed up with my 9900 its been a lemon from day one, from the battery to the upgrades to wifi and from all the problems im hearing and reading on this board lets just face folks this phone really is not good at all...just my opinion that's all.
    11-15-12 08:59 PM
    For my wifi problem I was told it might be a bad conevtion that I should take it apart and check the wirless

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-16-12 05:52 AM
    For my wifi problem I was told it might be a bad conevtion that I should take it apart and check the wirless

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

read this thread & my post 32 - i still dont believe what i am seeing but it works perfectly!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rdware-751180/
    11-17-12 11:45 AM
    well i think someone here thinks everyone that has a 9900 can fix this antenna problem easy, what i say is if they knew this phone had this issue why didn't they correct the problem by recalling it and fixing the problem, not every one is teck sevvy and just opens this phone up and fixes it, you gotta know what your doing before opening it apart and fixing the antenna ok....later
    11-17-12 05:23 PM
    mr. adams i understand you fixed your wifi issue but i and others can't seem to fix this issue do you not think they should offer a free fix instead of us trying to fix this problem and screw the phone up in the process because its not as easy as you think...later
    11-17-12 05:31 PM
    mr. adams i understand you fixed your wifi issue but i and others can't seem to fix this issue do you not think they should offer a free fix instead of us trying to fix this problem and screw the phone up in the process because its not as easy as you think...later
    That fix that I found is for people without warranty. That being said, those of us without warranty tend to experiment with our devices by taking them apart. If you read the antenna fix thread it clearly says "if you do not have warranty".

If you have warranty contact your carrier and they should help you. If not you will have to send It for repairs some where.

The antenna stickers become lose if the phone is dropped in many cases.

Thats why people take em apart, to save .money.
    tony adams likes this.
    11-17-12 05:51 PM
    i am simply putting my experience forward - i was sceptical and wanted to comment and thank the original poster [i did not do that i see - so will add thanks here] - my phone was out of warranty - i am at least the second user - each user/owner must make his own decision - all i am saying is that [for me] it worked and i am very happy
    11-18-12 04:07 AM
    ok dude fair enough i was just venting that's it didn't mean to offend anyone sorry ok, im just an unhappy comtumer of this phone that's all...later
    11-18-12 11:24 AM
    ok dude fair enough i was just venting that's it didn't mean to offend anyone sorry ok, im just an unhappy comtumer of this phone that's all...later
    No one is offended, but you asked for a free repair and of you have warranty you will get a free repair. And if you don't then taking the device apart is a option.
    11-18-12 11:30 AM
    even with warranty its easy and i cannot see that anyone would know the phone has been tampered with - there is a tiny white sticker on one of the keyboard screws - remove it carefully and add it back on assy - if its done right then you have working wifi
    11-18-12 05:11 PM
    even with warranty its easy and i cannot see that anyone would know the phone has been tampered with - there is a tiny white sticker on one of the keyboard screws - remove it carefully and add it back on assy - if its done right then you have working wifi
    Good point, maybe a experienced individual can wrestle the sticker lol. But probably isn't recommended for anyone else as the sticker is really fragile and will tear easily. But I'd rather take it apart my self then send it away for 4-5 weeks.
    11-18-12 05:13 PM