Hey everyone, I'm new so I apologize if I am asking a question that Has already been answered, which I can seem to find the answer to. Here's the problem: my last back up was in Febreuary 2012. I have been trying to back up my BB9900 since then and no one can seem to figure it out. Everytime I go to back up my BB, it only gets as far as the Smart phone card 1 out of 1, and stops. I have downloaded the latest desktop software and smartphone software. I was told to load the lastest desktop and smart phone software onto a different computer and that didn't work either. I have important information, memos etc., stuff that's on the actual device, for my job on my BB since February, and all the current solutions will wipe out everything I have on my device. Does anyone have a solution that will allow me to transfer the current data that I have on my device to my computer so I at least have the information, please? Thanks for your help.
    09-08-12 01:28 PM
    i have the same problem i've tried that too nothing happens
    09-08-12 01:30 PM
    Do a selective backup, and uncheck all Smart Card options.
    09-08-12 01:31 PM
    You're in good hands with Phill so try his suggestion. If it gets stuck with another type of data, you can use the same suggestion to go in and uncheck whatever it gets stuck on until you are able to backup. My gut is that something is wrong with the operating system so once you are able to backup, I'd reinstall it.

In addition to backing up with Desktop Manager, also use BlackBerry Protect. It's free, backups automatically for you. You can set how frequently - I use daily as I'm very active on my BlackBerry. BB Protect can also locate your BlackBerry if you lose it and can remotely wipe it so no one gets your data. If it's not already on your BlackBerry, download it in App World or using your BlackBerry browser from blackberry.com/protect.

BB Protect doesn't backup everything that Desktop Manager does but it will backup your core data.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 09-08-12 at 06:08 PM.
    09-08-12 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD