On the rubber backing, can you see if yours sits flush to the steel band around the phone as mine is mainly flush apart from the bottom where it sticks forward quite noticeably and its annoying my fingers when I'm holding the phone and typing away.

Could this also be why some are having issues with the phone sitting in the charging dock incorrectly?

Cheers.
    08-28-11 04:17 PM
    Mine is flush all around. I don't have a charging pod so cannot comment on that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 04:17 PM
    Thats what I was kinda worried about that its not normal, and as I seem to have a good battery and bug free OS I'm not looking forward to replacing it.

With the phone upside down, if I run my finger from front to back there is a noticeable lip with the rubber backing!

I'm guessing I'm alone on this?
    08-28-11 04:23 PM
    Mine is flush with the metal as well.

08-28-11 04:24 PM
    On the rubber backing, can you see if yours sits flush to the steel band around the phone as mine is mainly flush apart from the bottom where it sticks forward quite noticeably and its annoying my fingers when I'm holding the phone and typing away.

Could this also be why some are having issues with the phone sitting in the charging dock incorrectly?

Cheers.
    Flush with the metal...no problems fitting into charging pod. Sounds like a return? That would suck if battery and OS are solid.

08-28-11 04:33 PM
    Flush with the metal...no problems fitting into charging pod. Sounds like a return? That would suck if battery and OS are solid.

Yeah tell me about it, and my charging dock is going to arrive after my new/returns period, so I cant check that side of it.

I'm just looking into a return now, fingers crossed for another solid battery and OS!
    08-28-11 04:38 PM
    I've seen that on some bolds, where that plastic piece on the bottom isn't completely flush with the rest of the metal band/rubber backing. Like one of the screws is loose. Definitely a defect and should be exchanged easily. Just make sure you check the new one over carefully before accepting it.

08-28-11 04:44 PM
    I've seen that on some bolds, where that plastic piece on the bottom isn't completely flush with the rest of the metal band/rubber backing. Like one of the screws is loose. Definitely a defect and should be exchanged easily. Just make sure you check the new one over carefully before accepting it.

Thanks for the confirmation, strangely on my bold the plastic charge area is flush with the metal bezel its just the rubber backing is sticking out way too far, and annoyingly I can't check the replacement as its all done online?
    08-28-11 04:51 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation, strangely on my bold the plastic charge area is flush with the metal bezel its just the rubber backing is sticking out way too far, and annoyingly I can't check the replacement as its all done online?
    Definitely should be flush. I'd probably send it back, kind of inconvenient but you can always keep sending it back till you get a perfect one. Of course, hopefully your next one would be perfect.

08-28-11 04:58 PM
    Mine's flush all around, sounds like you got an oddball unit.
    Does it move in if you push on it?
    08-28-11 05:03 PM
    Mine's flush all around, sounds like you got an oddball unit.
    Does it move in if you push on it?
    It doesn't seem to move, I'm glad I noticed it in time for a new exchange instead of a refurb!

Can anyone on Vodafone UK who has bought a contract phone online tell me if you've ever exchanged a handset in store?
    08-28-11 05:11 PM
    Mine's flush - like a toilet!
    08-28-11 08:38 PM

Cheers.
    While we have our disagreements on the Playbook side of things, my Bold is the same as yours. I have a small but noticable lip (though I didn't notice until you pointed it out) that doesn't sit flush with the metal band.

I'm one day outside of my return period now, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It hasn't been bugging me, but if it is a defect then I want it fixed. I'm in the same boat as you, I have a great battery and no bugs in the software either.
    08-28-11 08:48 PM
    Mine is flush too and so have the other 15 or so units I've seen. Just replace it to eliminate any worry.
    08-28-11 09:28 PM
    Looks ok on mine.

08-28-11 09:33 PM
    But not on the bottom. The metal banding is over on the side so I have this slightly sharp edge by my volume keys. Normally I don't complain about things but I am sending mine back because of that only because of how much the phone cost. I figure what I paid for the phone it should be as close to perfect as possible.
    08-28-11 09:45 PM
    what the OP meant wasn't a gap between the metal band and the rubber, mine is exactly like the OP's and it sticks out although it doesn't look like a defect.

everyone, run your finger perpendicular to the metal band toward the rear of the phone, it should feel the same except in the bottom where the antenna cover is located.
    08-28-11 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD