Hi Guys, I'm totally new to this forum, although I've obviously used this site for many help topics in the past (who doesn't?).

I also know that my issue has been mentioned in some shape or form in the past, but I have yet to see a resolution for it, so I just signed up and i'm desperate for your help, i think this is the only place I can probably get it.

So here it goes. I have a website with domain email addresses for me and my workers. They always used to work fine in Outlook and on their BB's as well. Lately, one of my workers' stopped working on his BB and even now when he switched from Sprint to Verizon the same issue arises. This is what comes up when he tries to set it up on his BB: Invalid email address or password. verify your email address and password. if the error persists contact (name of my domain).

I tried changing passwords, setting up new email addresses for my domain, they also didn't work.

Also, it seems that this problem is only on the newer BB's like the 9930 which and my worker has. My assistant has a older Tour or Curve and she was able to set up again her email on it today.

Any help or link to help would be highly appreciated.
    08-14-12 06:33 PM
    One cannot have same e-mail delivered to different devices or via different providers to the same device.

Did he log in using his BlackBerry ID (BBID) first before setting up e-mail on the device?

If he switched providers or devices, then he ought to log into BBID before setting up the email accounts on the device - email accounts follow the BBID from device to device, or same device different provider. Once logged in, the provider/RIM server will acknowledge the service/device switch along with a note stating that e-mails will cease to be delivered to the old device (or through previous provider) and will now be routed through to the new setup...

Should that fail, re-send the service books to the current device, provided, of course that the user is properly logged in via BBID.
    Shaigetz likes this.
    08-14-12 07:18 PM
    First, I definitely think he logged in using his BBID. How else would it let him setup an email account?

Secondly, when you say "re-send the service books", what exactly is that and how do you do that?

Also, this problem started from one day to another still when he had his old BB Tour.
    08-14-12 10:48 PM
    Service books are software code that is pushed to a BB device by the provider in order to enable certain features - in this case e-mail accounts.

Check to see if the service books for the email account are enabled on the 9930 BB:
    -- options - device - Advanced System Settings - Service Book...
    -- once in there check for the e-mail account service book. If it's not listed, means e-mails won't be getting through to the 9930.

To re-send the service books to your BB9930,
    -- open "messages" from the home screen - select options - email account management - select "service Books" in the options menu and select "send Service Books".

Once done, set up the email account on the BB9930.

But as I mentioned, emails from any one particular account can only be sent to one BB device at a time. You cannot set up multiple BB's with the same e-mail account.
    Last edited by upset; 08-15-12 at 11:48 AM.
    Shaigetz likes this.
    08-15-12 11:45 AM
    Not sure if this a workable solution for your problem, but have your ever thought of Fowarding your emails through a Gmail Account?

Found this in their Settings Menu under Forwarding and Pop/Imap -> under Forwarding: click Learn More.

Note: While multiple email addresses can be added to the forwarding address drop-down in the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, Gmail can auto-forward mail to only one address at a time. The address that is shown in the drop-down and has '(in use)' next to it, is the address that mail is forwarded to. You can use filters to forward mail to multiple addresses.
    Shaigetz likes this.
    08-15-12 12:13 PM
    Okay, after going back in forth with Yahoo (who is my domain host) and Verizon (my workers carrier) the issue was resolved by Verizon on their end (meaning not on the phone itself) and the emails started coming in. Thanks everyone for your help.
    08-15-12 12:50 PM
    Just out of curiosity, did Yahoo or Verizon set up filters on their end? Would probably be the same as using Gmail as the middle man.
    08-15-12 12:57 PM
    Firstly Yahoo was no help. Verizon fixed it after calling them many times. I'll try to find out from my worker if he know what they did.
    08-15-12 01:03 PM
    Since filters seem the way to go, I bet you could have done the same by accessing your own email account. Unfortunate you had so much grief, but great you finally got it rectified.
    Shaigetz likes this.
    08-15-12 01:21 PM
    Firstly Yahoo was no help. Verizon fixed it after calling them many times. I'll try to find out from my worker if he know what they did.
    Good to hear you got this straightened out.
    08-15-12 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD