Considering the 9900 is only a few months old, it's technically under warranty. I bought mine new in the box from someone who bought it from T-mobile retail store, so it was at one time purchased from an authorized dealer.

Who should I contact for the 1-year warranty support if I don't have a dated receipt?

I know that with Apple products for instance, the product has a date built into the serial number and they use that if no other registration or receipt exists.

Basically, it seems like my micro-usb port is damaged and won't charge from a wall/usb charger anymore (Ive tried 4 different chargers and cables now), but charges fine from my laptop's USB port.
    10-19-11 10:11 AM
    You will need to visit a tmobile store to warranty your device.
    10-19-11 10:18 AM
    Thanks for the info.

Any idea how long a warranty process through T-Mobile usually takes? Of course, like many of us here, I use this for business and to say it's essential would be an understatement...

EDIT: Found this post that has helpful info on warrantys and T-mobile:
    Last edited by bryanus; 10-19-11 at 10:43 AM.
    10-19-11 10:21 AM
    Cool. I just called T-Mobile and they are sending a replacement for free via UPS Ground. There was a $5 processing fee (reduced from $20 because I added the $7.99/month insurance option). They were pretty cool about it. Just looked up the phone IMEI and determined the warranty was good until sept '12 and had me verify no water damage (little white square under battery cover)
    10-19-11 11:21 AM
    Yep, no matter if you buy it off someone or buy it straight from the store, the phone has the same 1 year warranty. They only require the IMEI of the phone to ensure its within the year window.

I called Rogers tech support about something on my 9900 (which I bought off kijiji sealed from a Roger employee) and without giving the rep my IMEI or PIN, he knew right away I was on the 9900. He actually thought I purchased it direct from Rogers and gave me the date of first activation. When you hook up the phone to the carrier's BIS, they get all the phone's info then and there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 02:58 PM
    That's weird but good for you at the same time. Normally they won't honor warranty if you are not the original purchaser, what probably got you by is the fact that you have an account with them.
    10-19-11 04:02 PM
    You shouldn't have a problem as long as you have an account with the carrier, regardless of who purchased it 1st.

But, if you buy a Rogers 9900 off eBay for use on another carrier, say AT&T, you'd be out of luck getting it serviced.
    10-19-11 06:43 PM
    yeah as long as its on the same carrier the device is registered for, you shouldn't have a problem with warranty
    10-19-11 07:45 PM
    The warranty is for the phone, doesnt matter who owns it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 09:13 PM
    You can get warranty from your carrier or from a private company for that.
    10-19-11 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD