Have loaded up a colleagues gmail account so as to get their calendar on my 9900. Works fine but whilst I can hide the email icon and rermove it from the messages list I still get notifications for that email account and new messages included in the new message count. Is there anyway to turn off the email sync whilst still getting the calendar? Or alternatively can I switch off notifications for that email account?

I basically want to access the shared calendar information without getting the email data with it. Any suggestions are welcome.

thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pdsmark; 10-11-15 at 04:23 PM.
    10-11-15 06:31 AM
    Google supports CalDAV, an open standard for Calendar syncing. Therefore you can share it that way without creating a complete email sync relationship.

Here is the Blackberry knowledgebase article on it:

How to setup Google Calendar synchronization via CalDAV on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    10-12-15 12:06 AM
    Thanks for this info. Problem is that as far as I can tell the advanced settings are only available on playbook os and BB10, I can't find any on BBos7, so it doesn't look like caldav settings are accessible. Any further suggestions?
    10-13-15 01:00 AM
    I'm not sure that you'll be able achieve what you're looking for. If I recall correctly, there is a 'Synchronisation Option' in the 'Email Account Management' settings and the syncing of Calendars (& Contacts) is achieved by ticking the appropriate boxes i.e. with OS7.1 on the 9900 it's embedded into the settings for your gMail account. With my limited knowledge, I can't see how you'll achieve gCal synchronisation without setting up gMail on the 9900.

You might be able to develop a more practical solution from within the users Google Calendar web settings. Perhaps get your colleague to share their calendar with you and sync it to one of your own accounts?
    10-13-15 07:54 AM
    Yes, that does seem to be the case. It's looking like I'll have to update the calendar manually.

Thanks
    10-14-15 12:55 AM
    I have a NFL schedule calendar inside of my gmail cal, but it doesn't show up on my 9930.

IIRC the shared sub calendars don't
    10-14-15 06:39 PM
    Thanks for this info. Problem is that as far as I can tell the advanced settings are only available on playbook os and BB10, I can't find any on BBos7, so it doesn't look like caldav settings are accessible. Any further suggestions?
    I have a NFL schedule calendar inside of my gmail cal, but it doesn't show up on my 9930.

IIRC the shared sub calendars don't

My apologies, hadn't noticed when I posted my original comment that this was a 99xx/BBOS section, my answer only applied to BB10.

The 9930, as a BBOS device, doesn't have the same options the BB10 devices do. IIRC on BBOS you couldn't specifically add CalDAV or CardDAV accounts separately at all, you had to rely on the pre-configured ISP options given in the BIS settings. Eg you could use them in conjunction with Gmail because Gmail was a specifically listed provider and that feature was incorporated in the Gmail settings provided, but not just add a CalDAV or CardDAV account by itself.

And as Gmail is changing all the time and the BIS options have become more or less static, it also wouldn't surprise me if something that used to work with the old BIS Gmail configuration might not work with the current variant of Gmail. I'm not sure BBOS devices ever supported multiple calendars per provider, though.
    10-22-15 06:36 PM