CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Post Can I backup pics using BBSAK or BMCP or other tool?

My 9900 is stuck on App Error 602 after a failed update to OS 7.1-2108
    I do not have a backup... and really need to recover family pics of a recently deceased relative from the phone.

Using the BB Desktop to backup fails after a few minutes because the phone keeps freezing every few minutes with the Error 602 message until I reboot. The backup process does start but it never completes!

So, I am looking for another tool that can bypass this error and get the images which are on the internal storage (I do not have a memory card)!
    If I could also backup the Contact list that would be even better.

After searching all day, I learnt of the tools BBSAK and BMCP. Will either of these tools (or another one) be able to get a copy of the images? If so, how?

Thanks for any help....

Global Posts
    10,387 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

BBSAK and BMCP AFAIK cannot extract images.
    Are you sure the picture is on the device? I believe by default they're saved on a memory card if one is inserted.
    Thanked by:
    Budoman (12-06-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for your reply SCrid2000. I have no memory card in my device.

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Desktop should have done a database backup automatically. Find that, and you can recover your address book, etc.

The internal storage is another issue. Desktop can be set to back that up too, but since you made no mention, I assume you made none. Most likely, starting an OS install won't remove what's in there, and at this point an OS install appears your only hope.

If the OS is already installed on your PC, pull the battery from the phone, launch loader.exe from:

•64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader

Connect the phone and follow the prompts. Even though it shows no pin, it should let you start the install (the remains of what OS is on there now will wipe). Eventually, it will ask you to put the battery back, to complete the install. After, you can use desktop to restore your personal data, if the auto-backup succeeded before.

Edit - The backup is usually found in your My Documents folder.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Thanked by:
    Budoman (12-06-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks BigBadWulf. I downloaded and installed the OS (7.1) then rebooted my PC. I launched Loader.exe and connected the phone without the battery. The PIN showed up, I clicked Next. Under Application Name" it tells me:
    "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system admin."

But I had already downloaded and installed the Desktop software... Is the Device software a separate download that I missed?

Thanks!
    btw: No backup files exist!

EDIT: My Control Panel does show that I have the device software for the 9900 installed!
    also, the phone now has Error 507
    Last edited by Budoman; 12-06-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN

Yes the device software (OS) is different from the desktop software. Since you already have one installed, use:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

That should be the last piece of the puzzle to getting you back in business.

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

After running Vendelete+, I was able to get the Loader to load the OS on the 9900. I had to insert the battery half way through and all seemed to go well. When it completed, the device took ~15 mnts to boot and the I got ERROR 200! I disconnected the USB cable, removed and reinserted the battery, and again I got App Error 200. I am now reading up on this error but if you know a definitive way to fix it, I would be grateful to know about it.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Try removing your SIM card and rebooting without it. Let me know if the phone boots up without error.
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Hi Phill, same thing without the SIM card. Reboot took 10 minutes then Error 200!
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Sorry to hear that. I've read that sometimes Error 200 can be cured by rebooting without a SIM and deleting all your service books, then reinserting the SIM. Obviously not in your case though. Only thing I can suggest is a wipe and another OS reload.
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN

Sounds like the OS you have installed on the PC could be corrupt. Try downloading the latest, from the top of this forum using IE, use Vendelete again, and start the install over with the battery out.

Thanked by:
    Budoman (12-06-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Many thanks for your insight BigBadWulf; the issue is now resolved. The only thing I seem to have lost is my contact list but the images I wanted are there as are my email accounts.

oh, and I already did a FULL backup! :-)
    Last edited by Budoman; 12-06-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    Thanked by:
    BigBadWulf (12-06-2012) 

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN

Yay! Make sure you back up that internal storage also.