anybody changed it - does the camera just lift out of its housing - stripping the 9900 is easy enough but i cannot find instrucions to remove camera from what looks like a spring housing

i had better explain as i may be wasting my time - i have a thin grey horizontal line across the screen in camera mode - phone is fine in all other screen modes - have done a few battery pulls and updated the firmware - neither have helped - done a search here and on Google and whilst the problem is known cannot find any real info

and yes i know replacements from ebay etc are junk but if it works then it will be better than now
    11-14-12 09:56 AM
    It won't work if it's not from another bold

And the camera lenses just pops out once you get to it.
    11-14-12 02:28 PM
    thanks - i thought they would just pop out - are you saying the replacements sold on ebay will not work or they must be the correct type - which they are said to be
    11-14-12 02:40 PM
    thanks - i thought they would just pop out - are you saying the replacements sold on ebay will not work or they must be the correct type - which they are said to be
    Because they are aftermarket fakes all you are getting sold to you is a physical item so that it counts that you received something.

Doesn't mean it has to work, the camera won't work because it's junk. Or worst case scenario it will work with an unknown amount of pixels usually 1.

You can't try for your self if you don't believe me.
    11-14-12 04:09 PM
    thanks - no reason to disbelieve you - so going back to my original post - in your opinion is the line on the screen in camera mode a faulty camera or am i looking at something else - there are scrap phones on ebay and other places which will have genuine cameras - but if the problem is not the camera then i need to think about the phone - its on a sale or return deal at a very good price - but is only worth it if i can sort the problem with the camera
    11-14-12 04:19 PM
    I'm not sure; I haven't seen it do you have a picture or anything? I have a camera lense I'd mail you it for free really, I have many genuine bold 9900 parts I don't sell em just buy the broken bolds for my self.

Have you tried taking a picture and viewing it on another device like a laptop to see if the line is there?

Or is the line only when you are preparing to take a shot?
    11-14-12 06:33 PM
    thanks - its the most frustrating thing - i just stripped the phone and thought i had solved it - took camera out and wiped the back contacts - no line at all - phone been on for about 30min and its back

the line is there when i prepare the shot and then on the photo - if i zoom it moves up the screen - would appreciate a replacement - i am in the uk - not sure where you are - can pm you my details

the uploaded file [if it works] is downloaded to a laptop and then resized to make it smaller in physical size for uploading
    Attached Thumbnails camera replacement-img-20121114-00001-medium-.jpg  
    11-14-12 06:57 PM
    Yea the camera looks shabby whjh is unfortunate, you expect better build quality.

I'm in Canada so if you pm me your address I'll ship you my extra camera part hopefuly she works!

Hopefully it's cheap to ship
    11-15-12 01:07 AM
    pm sent - thanks
    11-15-12 03:33 AM