I notice when I take a photo with my BB 9930 they are saved to the folder called "camera pictures". Is this on my sd card or on the BB memory.

I also have photos from my old curve on my sd card saved in "Picture Library" however they are not visible when using the camera function. To view the photos on my sd card I need to go to the pictures app to view the "Picture library". I only want 1 folder to house my photos. Any idea how to do this?
    02-17-12 08:29 AM
    Camera pictures can be stored on either the media card or on the device itself, just depends on what you have your camera app set to. Open the camera, hit the menu button, go to options, in there scroll down to where you see "store pictures". Here you can set it to what you would like.

To let you know though, the camera pictures folder can contain pictures stored in both places, but an easy way to tell is when you are browsing the photos by going to the pictures app and opening the "camera pictures" folder, the name of the photo will be displayed in the lower left corner of the screen. If the photo is on the media card, there will be a little media card symbol preceding the name, if it's stored on the device, there will be no symbol.

As for the photos from your old curve in the picture library folder, i'm not sure if there's a way to make the camera app see them. From what I've seen and understand, the camera app only keeps a "link" to photos it took.

Hope this helps!
    anon(4222528) likes this.
    02-17-12 09:03 AM
    Thanks I see the options to save on the Media card. I will investigate importing to 1 folder. Maybe I can do this in windows explorer.
    02-17-12 09:15 AM
    I figured it out. I connected the Sdcard to my computer. I cut and paste all images from

SDCARD\Blackberry\Pictures to SDCARD\Blackberry\Camera

Now everything is in 1 folder.

Thanks for the tips.
    02-17-12 09:20 AM
    Thanks I see the options to save on the Media card. I will investigate importing to 1 folder. Maybe I can do this in windows explorer.
    Definitely possible, when you connect your BB to the computer and your BB asks what mode you want, choose USB drive. You should be able to use windows explorer then to move files anywhich way you want. The only question is if there's some tag or id in the picture files themselves so the camera app still knows it didn't take them.

Give it a whirl though and let us know!
    02-17-12 09:22 AM
    I figured it out. I connected the Sdcard to my computer. I cut and paste all images from

SDCARD\Blackberry\Pictures to SDCARD\Blackberry\Camera

Now everything is in 1 folder.

Thanks for the tips.
    Good to hear!
    02-17-12 09:23 AM
    For future reference:

Open Picture Library folder
    Highlight first photo
    Hold Caps button and scroll down, this will select all photos.
    Press menu/cut
    Open media folder/menu/explore, get to the camera folder/menu/paste.

There could be an easier way though
    02-17-12 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD