Hello i am a rogers customer currently in europe using a vodafone sim card. I upgraded to 7.1.0.746 while i was here OTA. Ever since my camera has not been working, when i try to open the camera first the screen is dark black fading to dark grey at the bottom, then after about 7 seconds the screen stays like this and there is a popup saying "could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again".

Obviously i have tried various resets, battery pulls etc. And yes all other apps are closed.

Thoughts on this?
    11-14-12 11:37 AM
    Sounds like a bad install. Shouldn't really have updated that way, far better/safer to use a PC.
    Only fix is a wipe and OS reload.
    11-14-12 01:06 PM
    Sounds like a bad install. Shouldn't really have updated that way, far better/safer to use a PC.
    Only fix is a wipe and OS reload.
    . This is a disaster. I am in the middle of the black forest and would like to take pictures on my bold. Only have my playbook with me, no computer.

RIM - not cool. Update worked fine, said it installed correctly. I have no fault here. I have been let down while on a holiday
    11-14-12 03:22 PM
    Hello i am a rogers customer currently in europe using a vodafone sim card. I upgraded to 7.1.0.746 while i was here OTA. Ever since my camera has not been working, when i try to open the camera first the screen is dark black fading to dark grey at the bottom, then after about 7 seconds the screen stays like this and there is a popup saying "could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again".

Obviously i have tried various resets, battery pulls etc. And yes all other apps are closed.

Thoughts on this?
    Hi i have this problem too, I don't know whats wrong with it as everything is closed anyway i even relaoded the current OS. Has anybody else experienced this and any idea how to fix it? Thanks heaps
    11-19-12 10:50 PM

Thoughts on this?
    Hi i have this problem too, I don't know whats wrong with it as everything is closed anyway i even reloaded the current OS. Has anybody else experienced this and any idea how to fix it? Thanks heaps
    11-19-12 10:51 PM