Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,617 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Camera not working since update to 7.1.0.746

Hello i am a rogers customer currently in europe using a vodafone sim card. I upgraded to 7.1.0.746 while i was here OTA. Ever since my camera has not been working, when i try to open the camera first the screen is dark black fading to dark grey at the bottom, then after about 7 seconds the screen stays like this and there is a popup saying "could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again".

Obviously i have tried various resets, battery pulls etc. And yes all other apps are closed.

Thoughts on this?
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Sounds like a bad install. Shouldn't really have updated that way, far better/safer to use a PC.
    Only fix is a wipe and OS reload.
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,617 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    Sounds like a bad install. Shouldn't really have updated that way, far better/safer to use a PC.
    Only fix is a wipe and OS reload.
    . This is a disaster. I am in the middle of the black forest and would like to take pictures on my bold. Only have my playbook with me, no computer.

RIM - not cool. Update worked fine, said it installed correctly. I have no fault here. I have been let down while on a holiday
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Hello i am a rogers customer currently in europe using a vodafone sim card. I upgraded to 7.1.0.746 while i was here OTA. Ever since my camera has not been working, when i try to open the camera first the screen is dark black fading to dark grey at the bottom, then after about 7 seconds the screen stays like this and there is a popup saying "could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again".

Obviously i have tried various resets, battery pulls etc. And yes all other apps are closed.

Thoughts on this?
    Hi i have this problem too, I don't know whats wrong with it as everything is closed anyway i even relaoded the current OS. Has anybody else experienced this and any idea how to fix it? Thanks heaps
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post

Thoughts on this?
    Hi i have this problem too, I don't know whats wrong with it as everything is closed anyway i even reloaded the current OS. Has anybody else experienced this and any idea how to fix it? Thanks heaps