Dear All,

I have a problem with my 9900 that is driving me crazy. For no reason for several weeks now, whenever I call someone or someone calls me. My Blackberry 9900 wil put that caller on hold several times during the call and than call some random number of my contact list instead. I then have to disconnect that call first and resume to my original call. Its annoying to say the least.

Can anyone help me out ?
    05-27-13 02:55 PM
    I have no answer for your phones issue. A suggestion- if you titled your post with a more specific description, you will get more answers to your post. Welcome to Crackberry Forums!
    05-27-13 03:01 PM
    Is the screen turning off? However I believe that the screen is not switching off correctly. I had the same and a firmware reset has helped.

The other option is to upgrade to a q10
    05-27-13 03:01 PM
    Dear All,

I have a problem with my 9900 that is driving me crazy. For no reason for several weeks now, whenever I call someone or someone calls me. My Blackberry 9900 wil put that caller on hold several times during the call and than call some random number of my contact list instead. I then have to disconnect that call first and resume to my original call. Its annoying to say the least.

Can anyone help me out ?
    In technical terms, your phone has run amok. Do the usual battery pull, security wipe-OS reinstall, change battery. If none of that helps sell it back to the bas,**** that sold it to you. Get a different one, or join the future of smartphones and get a Q10/Z10.
    05-27-13 03:09 PM
    Dear All,

Can anyone help me out ?
    Had this happen twice months ago, I don't remember what cleared it up because it hasn't happened since. To get you started here are some post I found using the search function maybe you'll find something in the responses that are similar to your operating system or apps you have.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-call-727944/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-697345/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-725209/
    05-27-13 03:17 PM
    ... whenever I call someone or someone calls me. My Blackberry 9900 wil put that caller on hold several times during the call and than call some random number of my contact list instead. I then have to disconnect that call first and resume to my original call. Its annoying to say the least....
    Hi, and first off welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Also as another poster mentioned above, please give your threads short but descriptive titles. The right title attracts the right members to help, plus lets other members with the same problem find this later.

First troubleshooting question: when was the last time you rebooted your 9900?
    You can reboot it by simultaneously pressing ALT+SHIFT+DEL, or by performing a battery pull. (i.e. With device fully powered on, physically remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, then replace battery to initiate restart.)
    BBOS devices typically need a periodic refresh.

Next, what is your current OS? Do you know where to find it?
    In any typing field on your 9900, type myver then a space to show it. Or from any screen, press ALT+SHIFT+H to open the Help Me! screen, which shows your current OS about 3 lines down as Application Version.

Have you seen if the behaviour happens when is NOT beside your cheek, for example if you use speakerphone, earphones, or a Bluetooth device? Like one of the other posters above, I'm guessing your screen is not turning off as it should beside your face and your cheek is "pressing" things on the touchscreen.
    05-27-13 03:17 PM
    I had the exact same problem; I tried the solutions on various sites, nothing worked, so I took my bb bold back to T-Mobile to exchange it. They asked me to hold my phone in typical fashion to see if there was a problem here. I held it up to my left ear with my left hand, and we saw how my left pinky finger would unintentionally touch the "Add participant" box on the lit-up calling screen. Hence the caller would be put on hold, and one of my contacts would be dialed. I now hold my phone up to my right ear with my right hand (or use the speaker), and my problem is solved. The sales rep also showed me how the new BB Q10 doesn't have the 'Add participant' box in the same space, so maybe BB recognized this problem.
    06-29-13 02:35 PM