why is it every time i have to use the compass i have to calibrate it. I thought it was a one time thing. its kinda annoying to have to swing my arm around in public lol....
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    09-04-11 04:11 PM
    If the compass comes into contact with a strong magnetic field or if it goes near metal/magnet(like a holster..lol), then you may have to perform another calibration.
    09-04-11 04:17 PM
    I didn't swing my arm around. Just held in and turned my hand this way and that. Calibration only took a few seconds...5 at the most.

Don't know what happens to calibration over time and why it would need to be repeated. Does there seem to be any correlation with changes in location, or any pattern of use?

EDIT: Well, I should have checked on mine before I posted....I launched it and it needed "tune up". Beyond me. Don't know explanation for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by aiharkness; 09-04-11 at 04:19 PM.
    09-04-11 04:17 PM
    LOL yeah calibrating in public sure does make you look like your not all there trying to play airplane with your cellphone. Then there's the odd time you could be waving that dirty b*tch around forever and it just wont seem to want to calibrate!
    theonecid likes this.
    09-04-11 04:22 PM
    If the compass comes into contact with a strong magnetic field or if it goes near metal/magnet(like a holster..lol), then you may have to perform another calibration.
    make sense. just dont like the fact u got to do it every time...but love the phone tho..
    09-04-11 04:54 PM
    Why do you need a compass in a public place is the question that comes to my mind ?
    09-04-11 05:14 PM
    Why do you need a compass in a public place is the question that comes to my mind ?
    wikitude requires compass calibration
    09-04-11 05:18 PM
    after the calibration i can only use my phone near flat - (0 degree) to \ (80 degree) instead of | (90 degree). I wonder how you all use wikitude...
    09-04-11 05:42 PM
    Ah see I don't use it! thnx, I thought the shopping malls were so big in USA/Canada that you needed a compass to find your way out
    09-04-11 05:43 PM
    I was mistaken and thought calibration required huge circle 8 movemenets - I was completely wrong as you only need to flip the phone around in your hand a few times.

09-04-11 05:56 PM
    I think callibrating it in a club would be awesome. It would become the next biggest dance move

09-04-11 06:13 PM
    I was mistaken and thought calibration required huge circle 8 movemenets - I was completely wrong as you only need to flip the phone around in your hand a few times.

This^
    I just turn it over in my hand, side-ways then end-over-end. Takes about 5 seconds.
    09-04-11 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD