I'm an officer and I work a set schedule, how can I set my days on and my days off....I work 5 days on duty and 3 days off duty....how can I set it to show either days off or days on.
    02-15-12 01:54 PM
    I too work shifts (4 on, 4 off) and have setup my calendar to show this pattern.

Just start a New Appointment for your 1st work day and name it On in the Subject field, tick the All Day box, scroll down to Recurrence and change that to Daily, then change the Every box to 8. Leave the End box as Never. You then need to repeat the above for your next 4 work days.

Now open a New Appointment on your 1st day off and name it Off in the Subject field, tick the All Day box, scroll down to Recurrence and change that to Daily, then change the Every to 8, and leave the End as Never. Now repeat this for your remaining 2 days off, and you're done.

Your calendar should now display all your days on and off.
    02-15-12 02:29 PM
    I too work shifts (4 on, 4 off) and have setup my calendar to show this pattern.

Just start a New Appointment for your 1st work day and name it On in the Subject field, tick the All Day box, scroll down to Recurrence and change that to Daily, then change the Every box to 8. Leave the End box as Never. You then need to repeat the above for your next 4 work days.

Now open a New Appointment on your 1st day off and name it Off in the Subject field, tick the All Day box, scroll down to Recurrence and change that to Daily, then change the Every to 8, and leave the End as Never. Now repeat this for your remaining 2 days off, and you're done.

Your calendar should now display all your days on and off.
    Exactly this.

I have a similar one set for my schedule. But mine is easy... I work every 3rd day. So I set my work day to reoccur every 3.
    02-15-12 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD