Why can't my phone adjust my appointments to the time zone I happen to be at the time. I travel between two time zones in the US as well as Asia and the Middle East all the time. It seems to be adjusting my time depending on the zone where I was at when I entered the appointment.
    03-27-12 04:17 AM
    Works fine for me. Whenever I receive a calendar notice or add a calendar item manually it is adjusted to my current timezone. Then when you switch zones it is adjusted to your current timezone.
    03-27-12 09:03 AM
    Great question. When I went to Eastern time from Central time I was an hour late for my first meeting. My BB Calendar stated 9 a.m., but it was really at 8 a.m. Long story short, I had a really nice run along the Atlantic and got an extra hour sleep, although I was a little embarrassed showing up an hour late for my meeting. When I moved to the Eastern time zone all of my appointment got moved an hour ahead. When I was younger I probably would have remembered the actual time, but I trust my Bold too much, lol!!!
    03-27-12 09:40 AM
    You have to enter the appointment with the correct time zone for where the appointment will take place. If you live in Central Time and have a 9:00 am meeting in Washington DC, enter the appointment as 9:00 AM and specify Eastern time zone. Assuming you are in Central Time when you enter the appointment, it will show at 8:00 CT on your device. When you enter the Eastern Time Zone, the appointment will display as 9:00 ET. This used to be a much worse problem when BlackBerry devices did not automatically change time zones. Click the "Time Zone Issues" link in my sig for an elaborate and now outdated discussion.
    03-28-12 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD