Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Molicious10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default built in media storage not accessible due to detected errors?

Wow.
    This started happening after I downloaded Photo Studio from the app world and deleted it, it asked if I wanted to restart my device, I said ok. It rebooted and that error message came up;
    "Built-in media storage not accessible due to detected errors, do you want to repair?.

When I click yes it says;
    Save Lost clusters

Repair/cancel

I click repair and it says
    Repair failed;

I can still use the device,
    I called rogers tech support cuz the phone is 1.5 months old he said do a OS reload.

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,816 Global Posts
    PIN
    NunYa

Did you do the OS reload or not? The app you installed may have over written a needed COD. At the least try formatting the SD card and see if the issue persists.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

I think the Op is talking about the device media storage. Try to repair it again, this time when it asks Save Lost clusters choose No. Could be a corrupt cluster it cannot read. As far as reinstalling an Os, this to me is like having a fouled spark plug and swapping engines. All else fails try to restore from a recent backup. Keep us posted on how it goes. Best of luck.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

The error happened when I installed a app from the app world called 'photo studio', after deleting the app it asked me to restart the device, when the device rebooted I was faced with the error message posted above. Anyway, after an os reload it still came up because I did a restore.

I fixed it doing the following.

Full security wipe
    Os reload witout back up
    Error message is now gone
    Selective restore; BBM, contacts, email

Something in Photo Studio did not like my phone.

I'm now using .440 and no error message.

Thanked by:
    mssca (10-10-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.

Thanks for the tip.... If anyone come across an issue like this, you should always do a fresh install of the OS to get out of the danger. Be careful of selected back up too.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    21F5F905

Default built in media storage not accessible due to detected errors?

Quote Originally Posted by W4rl0ck View Post
    The error happened when I installed a app from the app world called 'photo studio', after deleting the app it asked me to restart the device, when the device rebooted I was faced with the error message posted above. Anyway, after an os reload it still came up because I did a restore.

Full security wipe
    Os reload witout back up

I tried this but im still getting the same error message
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question Built in media storage issues?

I don't see a resolution to this issue, i changed my memory card, formatted the phone lost all my info still the problem persists. Now when the message comes to repair of format i say no. i cant use some apps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

This obviously will be the last blackberry i will ever purchase, the blackberry 9900 has been a source of heartache and worry and has cost me so much repairing and losing all my music and pics.
    Kittana Smith likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

My blackberry is not working. It says built in media stoage is not accessible. Due to detected. Errors do you. Wish. To repair. I say yes but it fails. I say no but nothing happens. I do both. It does this with my media card 2. All my pics and music and vvideos are deleted but my apps r still there. This happened when I connected my phone to my samsung smart tv. I connected my phone to the tv. Again cos I thought. It may undo but nothing happened. I have a. Blackberry 9900. I am sorry about tthe. Random full stops but my blackberry typing has gone funny
    CrackBerry User

This just happened to my bold right now as well. I just wanted to know has anyone tried to repair it without checking off the save lost clusters box and what was the outcome.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by W4rl0ck View Post

Full security wipe
    Os reload witout back up

Hi, i tried to follow your advise. after the security wipe, my monitor became fully white.
    so what's the next move?? how can i install again the OS in my blackberry 9860??
    please help me guys!!