Purchased a 9900 from telus a couple days ago. Absolutely love it. But I am having browser issues on some mobile sites. A grey bar will appear on the bottom and then I'm unable to scroll down. Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 04:41 PM
    Could you list a site please, so I may test?

I have not had anything like that happen to me yet.
    08-14-11 04:53 PM
    Try FoxNews.com - Breaking News | Latest News | Current News then click on one of the articles, when the article pops up it will have the grey bar and I'm unable to read it.

08-14-11 04:58 PM
    Sorry, I am not experiencing any of the grey bar issue you were describing.

Could it be a signal/connection problem?

WiFi? 3G?
    08-14-11 05:01 PM
    Its on H+ network. I'm pretty sure its not a signal issue. Perhaps a glitch in my software. I'm glad to hear that yours is doing fine, that means this is an isolated experience I'm having and I can probably fix it with a handset swipe and reinstall the OS... I'll try and post a photo of it a little later

08-14-11 05:03 PM
    Its on H+ network. I'm pretty sure its not a signal issue. Perhaps a glitch in my software. I'm glad to hear that yours is doing fine, that means this is an isolated experience I'm having and I can probably fix it with a handset swipe and reinstall the OS... I'll try and post a photo of it a little later

Before that, could you try downloading a third party browser? Maybe see if it is related to just the browser. What build are you running?

Yes, photos would be good. I have been using the browser a heck of a lot more than my former model. So I can feel your pain. Have you also tried clearing the cache? Not sure if any of that will help, maybe easier to just reinstall the OS.
    08-14-11 05:07 PM
    Here is a snap shot

Attachment 91477
    08-14-11 05:14 PM
    Here is a snap shot

Attachment 91477
    Yes, very strange. If a reinstall does not fix, then your only choice would be to return the unit.
    08-14-11 05:19 PM
    I have a telus phone and the grey bar came up for me as well.

My bold also has an issue with the esc key. does not work properly and sometimes duplicates the blackberry key. going to swap units monday. I will try the browser and the new one and let you know if it happens on that as well.
    08-14-11 05:20 PM

I have the Telus mold as well and I got the same issue as you did. I found though that if I touched the area to bring up the address bar then the grey line disappeared and I could scroll through the article again.

Strange for sure. I am also using the browser on this BB wayyy more than any berry before it.
    08-14-11 05:33 PM
    I have the Telus mold as well and I got the same issue as you did. I found though that if I touched the area to bring up the address bar then the grey line disappeared and I could scroll through the article again.

Strange for sure. I am also using the browser on this BB wayyy more than any berry before it.
    Awesome - good fix. Touching the top bar resolves the issue. Must just be a bug with the os build Telus chose to ship. I'm sure an update is well on its way. I might jump over and grab an OS from a different carrier in the mean time. Thanks again for the tip/fix.

08-15-11 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD