So i got a itch to take apart my Bold 9900 the other day and took it down to the LCD, frame, keyboard and put it all back together without a hiccup except for the keyboard pin connector(small rectangular one) and it was almost impossible to get it to push back onto the pins, and with alittle pressure still didnt want to connect, so i used a magnifying glass and a very small flathead screw driver to straight out and make sure all the pins on the actual motherboard of the phone for the keyboard connector were straight and alined, the connect itself on the end of the ribbon for the keyboard is fine but i must have bent a few connects trying to get it back on, well after getting it straight and connected i pugged it in and turned it on and now my phone wont turn on at all, red light comes on and then 30 seconds later the red light comes on again and repeats this process and the phone never actually turns on, i took the keyboard off again multiple times and checked the pins for for the connector, i was finally able to get the phone back on and loaded up and the touchscreen works fine but then half of the keys on the phone dont work the trackpad works but abunch of the letters dont work, and so i tried checking it again now its dead in the water and the red light comes on and nothing will load and screen wont turn on and load the OS, what should i do? i tried calling AT&T and explaining the issue and after going through +15 representatives none would process a warranty for me or help me out so im stuck with a dead phone and no options and i dont have money to replace the device, anyway i know someone out there thinks im an and will probably be the first person to post and say "shouldnt have took it apart" or something of that nature, im well aware of that, i just want some input thank you so much for reading and i look forward to your reply.
    06-24-12 11:20 AM
    Sounds like you're stuck with this phone. Since you already voided your warranty by taking it apart you have nothing to lose by taking it apart again checking all your connections again. Sorry but what possessed you to take it apart?
    06-24-12 11:31 AM
    Curiosity and i wanted to look into getting a white replacement parts kit for it, to do a conversion, although it was not worth it, i am an , whats funny is i can take apart an entire car like i have in the past and rebuild the engine and do a ton of overhauls and upgrades and then all i do is take a simple connector off and im out $200 cool!!!! oh well i guess i'll go buy a GSIII ahahahaha just kidding i could careless for a Android, thats what im using now and everytime someone texts me i call them because i cant stand typing on a touchscreen phone anyway thanks for the input and im glad that i was able to get atleast one person Thank you for your kind sincerity
    06-24-12 12:02 PM
    NP, well it can't hurt anymore to take it apart again and check everything carefully. Maybe something came loose when you put it back together.
    06-24-12 12:08 PM
    That's the only thing i can think at this point, i'll have to check it out and try triple checking everything on it, thanks again.
    06-24-12 12:38 PM
    sounds like you've damaged the keypad connector, OR somehow managed to break off 1 of the smaller components surrounding it. But even so, it shouldnt prevent the phone from powering up

Could you possibly take a pic with a decent camera and show me the area around the connector. I could tell you if something is out of sorts ......
    06-24-12 01:48 PM
    yeah i can take a picture of it when i get home in alittle while, i think one of those tiny things next to the connector did fall off because i bumped it with the tweezers when i removed the connector one time
    06-24-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD