In the last week, I have had about 5 occurrences of my phone rebooting suddenly and then having the dreaded "Unrecognised battery" error show up on the screen.

You know the one, a empty battery with the red cross through it.

Today, it happened after a phone call and no matter how many times I removed my battery and put it back in, also trying to put in 3 other batteries, the problem persisted. So finally, I gave up. Left my phone for about 3 hours and then tried again and suddenly it started.

I've never had this problem. Never had a 9900 brick on it. Now I'm starting to worry, I'm pretty sure it's going to happen again and maybe that will be the end of the phone.
    04-18-13 05:46 AM
    In the last week, I have had about 5 occurrences of my phone rebooting suddenly and then having the dreaded "Unrecognised battery" error show up on the screen.

You know the one, a empty battery with the red cross through it.

Today, it happened after a phone call and no matter how many times I removed my battery and put it back in, also trying to put in 3 other batteries, the problem persisted. So finally, I gave up. Left my phone for about 3 hours and then tried again and suddenly it started.

I've never had this problem. Never had a 9900 brick on it. Now I'm starting to worry, I'm pretty sure it's going to happen again and maybe that will be the end of the phone.
    It would have been mentioned here for sure if that was the case. You must have installed an app that messes with your OS, or maybe a bad install...
    Why would you not try again, with wiping your Bold, and then doing very selective backup recovery on the new OS.
    I am currently on .923, works like a charm...
    (and just because of being a tiny little bit of superstitious: keeping my fingers crossed when posting this )
    04-18-13 07:23 AM