I tried to update my BB OS from 7.0 to 7.1 as suggested and came up against the dreaded cannot connect to application loader error, which left me with a half-installed OS (presumably) and a bricked BB.

I have tried following

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

but that doesn't work, comes up with 'Cannot connect to JVM error'

I have also tried that, but with deleting the vendor .xml file and the /nojvm version of the loader, yet the jvm error still appears for some reason.

BBSAK will not recognise that the blackberry is plugged in and jl_cmdr spouts error messages.

The blackberry itself will just sit and a red light will come on for 10 seconds from time to time. If plugged into the computer, the connected/disconnected sounds happen repeatedly without fail.

HELP. What do i do now?

Just replaced the screen with success and thought i'd update it, and now it's bricked entirely.
    04-28-12 02:25 PM
    also worth of note is when the application loader is trying to install, it still constantly connects and disconnects.
    04-28-12 02:32 PM
    I assume that many other 9900 or 9930 BB owners, are having the same problem. I sent mine to a blackberry repair service, last week who said nothing wrong with the firm ware, its the software, but they cant get a new OS to load either. The phone is in perfect shape, but really frustrating, it trys to load the new OS 7.0.0.540 is the one that I am trying to load. Everyone seems to say, it works the best, but so far I have a shiny blinking paper weight. My I-phone friends are breaking my chops, about what a POS blackberry has become. Any one have any luck with the 9900/9930 bricked boot loader loop ?
    04-28-12 04:19 PM
    I tried to update my BB OS from 7.0 to 7.1 as suggested and came up against the dreaded cannot connect to application loader error, which left me with a half-installed OS (presumably) and a bricked BB.

I have tried following

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

but that doesn't work, comes up with 'Cannot connect to JVM error'

I have also tried that, but with deleting the vendor .xml file and the /nojvm version of the loader, yet the jvm error still appears for some reason.

BBSAK will not recognise that the blackberry is plugged in and jl_cmdr spouts error messages.

The blackberry itself will just sit and a red light will come on for 10 seconds from time to time. If plugged into the computer, the connected/disconnected sounds happen repeatedly without fail.

HELP. What do i do now?

Just replaced the screen with success and thought i'd update it, and now it's bricked entirely.
    In order to be sure that there are no problems with DM or the phone OS on your pc, I would deinstall and reinstall them, only installing the OS that you want to upgrade to.

BBSAK will not be able to connect if bbdevmgr.exe is running in the background. Be sure to kill it if it's running. Also, be sure you are using BBSAK 1.9.2, because the earlier versions do not work with the 9900 and OS 7.x. If you can get BBSAK to connect, you should try wiping the phone so you can do a clean install.

If you can't connect with BBSAK, try following the instructions in this post: How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures

Good luck.
    04-28-12 07:40 PM
    I assume that many other 9900 or 9930 BB owners, are having the same problem. I sent mine to a blackberry repair service, last week who said nothing wrong with the firm ware, its the software, but they cant get a new OS to load either. The phone is in perfect shape, but really frustrating, it trys to load the new OS 7.0.0.540 is the one that I am trying to load. Everyone seems to say, it works the best, but so far I have a shiny blinking paper weight. My I-phone friends are breaking my chops, about what a POS blackberry has become. Any one have any luck with the 9900/9930 bricked boot loader loop ?
    I don't think it's correct to say that many 99x0 owners are having the same problem. Earlier on there were problems with the phones bricking, but that's not so common now.
    04-28-12 07:42 PM
    I did download the newer BBSAK utility, but I cant get it to wipe the OS, when you hook it up, it wont read the phone. The phone being in stuck in that reboot loop, keeps going off and on, so the WIPE feature, never really come on. I am still playing around with it, trying battery in and battery out, and when to pull the battery. I think if I could get the current OS deleted, then the chance of loading OS 7.0.0. 540 would be greater. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Director447
    04-28-12 08:50 PM
    I did download the newer BBSAK utility, but I cant get it to wipe the OS, when you hook it up, it wont read the phone. The phone being in stuck in that reboot loop, keeps going off and on, so the WIPE feature, never really come on. I am still playing around with it, trying battery in and battery out, and when to pull the battery. I think if I could get the current OS deleted, then the chance of loading OS 7.0.0. 540 would be greater. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Director447
    Try following the unbricking procedure in this link: How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures
    04-28-12 09:02 PM
    I can get as far as installation on that guide, but it wont re-connect to JVM?
    04-29-12 08:53 AM
    Loading an older version of OS 7 seemed to work, gonna leave it for now.

However, touch screen still does not work at all :/
    04-29-12 10:47 AM
    Hi CB well so far nothing is working on this nuked POS , the problem is being stuck in that boot loop, it keeps going off and on. All those methods to fix nuked older blackberrys DO NOT WORK. When you hook it up, it never says UNKNOWN, it just keep giving the pin number then blank, then back to the pin number. So you cant get it out of the boot cycle, why is black berry sitting on their hands? where is the software fix they were supposed to be coming out with ? every one of my old Blackberrys worked better, even my unlocked 9550 worked better than this high priced POS. Any one have any luck with the 9930? thanks Director447
    04-29-12 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD