Sorry for the repost, but I was wondering if anyone knew about ANYTHING that might help with a bricked 9900. It just cycles the red LED and won't turn on. In fact, the only way to get the screen to turn on is by removing the battery and connecting it to the charger; it displays an icon on the screen. It won't connect to my computer at all, and I can't return it for warranty, because they claim it has water damage. It has a tiny orange dot on the water indicator from me changing the battery with a wet hand before realizing where the indicator was located.

If anybody has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thank you so much.
    05-11-12 10:31 AM
    Remove battery, reconnect your fone to PC, run Loader.exe to see if the PIN is shown, try to update the OS (let's say the 391 OS or 402)

Didnt quite understand:

It has a tiny orange dot on the water indicator from me changing the battery with a wet hand before realizing where the indicator was located.
    ???
    05-11-12 10:37 AM
    Bricked or nuked?

Try this: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry

Step 2 is crucial. Pull battery and make sure device is unplugged from computer. Put the battery in and as soon as the red light comes on, plug it into the computer.
    05-11-12 10:42 AM
    1st mistake...changing battery with WET hands, 2nd mistake handling phone with WET hands. Suggestion.....DRY hands before handling technical devices
    05-11-12 10:45 AM
    Sorry for the repost, but I was wondering if anyone knew about ANYTHING that might help with a bricked 9900. It just cycles the red LED and won't turn on. In fact, the only way to get the screen to turn on is by removing the battery and connecting it to the charger; it displays an icon on the screen. It won't connect to my computer at all, and I can't return it for warranty, because they claim it has water damage. It has a tiny orange dot on the water indicator from me changing the battery with a wet hand before realizing where the indicator was located.

If anybody has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thank you so much.
    Doubt it had anything to do with your wet hands. The 9900 bricking issue has been a popular one. I've been through two. When did you purchase this 9900?
    05-11-12 11:08 AM
    Doubt it had anything to do with your wet hands. The 9900 bricking issue has been a popular one. I've been through two. When did you purchase this 9900?
    "because they claim it has water damage" .....???
    05-11-12 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD