View Poll Results: What is causing 99XXs to die?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The problem is hardware related

10 47.62%
  • The problem is software related

11 52.38%
    Since we have heard nothing solution-related from RIM on the 99xx bricking issues, it seems like it must be a hardware issue. After all, what would their admitting to a hardware problem get them besides more bad press?

I'm betting they have addressed the issue, and their solution is simply to replace handsets as they fail, instead of admitting and recalling.
    12-15-11 11:19 PM
    im no pro... but i think its the software. some brick the first time u try to change os, others can switch back and forth with no prob. all have same hardware, but there are a lot of software variables.
    12-16-11 12:30 AM
    It seems if was a software issue it would of been updated. They would seem to have an inkling to the problem or least admit their working on it even if it's only a small percentage of handsets. I don't think RIM wants anymore bad press.
    12-16-11 12:56 AM
    Mine bricked when it was on charging the whole night.... I read from the forum many others too found it bricked when they went to remove the phone from the charger.... I believe its a hardware issue with some role for the software as well! I have strong suspicion its something to do with charging!
    Still waiting for my replacement
    12-16-11 01:04 AM
    Definitely hardware. 9360/9380/9810 are all using OS 7 and yet they don't have any bricking issue. If they have, it's next to nothing compared to the bricking issues of 9860 and 9900.
    12-16-11 01:56 AM
    Ask RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 04:18 AM
    I think this could be a hardware issue (design or manufacturing).
    Today when i notice low battery, i inserted my 9900 charger (comes with retail box).
    and 9900 showed plug symbol (instead of bolt symbol) and a message popped up notifying me about not enough power supply.
    fear of bricking started haunting me, but cleverly i pulled battery and after some time 9900 started charging with bolt signal when battery was inserted after say 3 minutes...

If it's a software issue, it would have been detected and fixed in earlier builds.
    i hope RIM understands this and take some action on this.
    Last edited by infinus; 12-16-11 at 05:00 AM.
    12-16-11 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD