Jujst wondering what you guys are doing with your devices?

As you know the device comes pre-installed with google chat, yahoo chat and MSN. Other than the occassional MSN ... and I really do mean occasional since I now exclusively chat via BBM or sms, are any of you uninstalling those apps just to make room on your device or are you leaving them there?

Always wondered about this. I do know that I did uninstall these apps on my 9780 only to wake up one day and find them re-installed but I needed the space on the older phone.

So, what are you guys/gals doing with your unused pre-installed apps?

Cheers
    Dr
    09-06-11 09:58 AM
    I think after you delete them they can only get back the icon and download links. i kill all my unused apps and hide the icons.
    09-06-11 10:18 AM
    I un-installed them, no point in them being there left unused! Wasn't about the memory, just don't want them
    drfever likes this.
    09-06-11 01:01 PM
    I don't have an OS 7 device, but I use those im apps. I also use AIM on my recently acquired 9650.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 01:34 PM
    I don't use any IM, so I've removed them all. Have over 225MB free at the moment..
    09-06-11 01:36 PM
    I removed them. I don't use any IM clients except Skype and BBM. Otherwise I just text
    09-06-11 02:12 PM
    I use BBM and sometimes WLM, nothing else though.
    09-06-11 02:14 PM
    I use the occasional Facebook chat via Facebook app. Occasional MSN. Plenty of BBM. Plenty of texts and email. Constant reading of Social Feeds. Plenty of web browsing. The occasional phone call that doesnt last too long. And I've uninstalled Google Talk and Yahoo Messenger, The icons are still there but they are certainly uninstalled as the icons are now just links to download the software.. Thats pretty much all I use my phone for. I might use Wikitude one day, Its installed so I may as well.
    09-06-11 02:30 PM
    I deleted all IM clients except GTalk which I use sometimes. I did notice, however, leaving GTalk signed in and running in the background sucks down battery a lot quicker.
    09-06-11 02:35 PM
    I un-install un-used apps (ALL IM's including BBM) and only use 7 apps...in my ALL panel I have a folder called CRAP (like OS5) where I move all the VZW "swag" and. Other app I DON'T need or used ( we have profiles on you home page when its on the home SCREEN). THEN I simply HIDE that folder

09-06-11 03:01 PM
    I un-install un-used apps (ALL IM's including BBM) and only use 7 apps...in my ALL panel I have a folder called CRAP (like OS5) where I move all the VZW "swag" and. Other app I DON'T need or used ( we have profiles on you home page when its on the home SCREEN). THEN I simply HIDE that folder

You bought a blackberry and then uninstalled BBM???

You lost me...

09-06-11 03:59 PM
    I deleted all IM clients except GTalk which I use sometimes. I did notice, however, leaving GTalk signed in and running in the background sucks down battery a lot quicker.
    I disagree. I leave GTalk running all day, and I don't notice much of a battery drain. It's the only IM program I use other than BBM.
    09-06-11 04:05 PM
    Gtalk works well and I agree it doesn't seem to be a battery buster. The rest I shrunk out or hid.
    09-07-11 01:09 AM
    HA!!! No use for BBM!!...I guess I COULD just update my statues THERE TOO...if a crackberry adict BBM's and noone hear does he make a sound????...I "play my cards close to the vest" with my friendship

09-07-11 01:59 AM
    Gotta go with the side that deletes apps that I don't use. It's like if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does anyone care???
    09-07-11 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD