Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Fuzzballz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,081 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,100 Global Posts
    PIN
    ot grigio
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Cool Bolds cheap on the bay after BB10 drops?

    I'm thinking that when BB10 drops you'll be able to buy used Bolds on theBay for real cheap. Currently they're still like $200+. I don't want to lose my unlimited Verizon data package so I've been using my Tour for nearly 4 years now. Thinking I might get a Bold when BB10 comes out and everyone sells theirs.
  2. Mrluky's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    PIN
    331404b2
    #2  

    Default Bolds cheap on the bay after BB10 drops?

    I think you may be right, I'm waiting as well
  3. Jay Hopkins's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Craigslist Is a better place to buy, especially if its cdma. You can actually hold it and check the esn that way, keeps you from getting screwed haha. They should drop though, since the torch 9800 and bold 9900/9930s have come out I've amassed a collection of 9700 bolds in the 30's because I keep finding them on CL for like $25 in great shape haha
  4. Taigatrommel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,696 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,817 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I wouldn't say "real cheap" but prices will go down for sure. Same with new Bolds. However Blackberry devices in general, especially the Bolds, seem to be pretty stable in terms of prices. I wouldn't expect a flood of sub 100$ sales.
    Thanked by:
    kingofthebraves (02-25-2013) 
  5. costas1966's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,094 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,098 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Bold 9900's will continue to hold their prices....they are the flagship phone pre-BB10....don't expect they will come
    down anytime soon.
  6. robsteve's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,822 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    The 9900 prices on Kijiji in Canada dropped quite a bit after the Z10 came out. I just did a search and there are a lot in the $200-$250 range when in the past they were $350 and higher.
  7. Fuzzballz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,081 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,100 Global Posts
    PIN
    ot grigio
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Bold 9900's will continue to hold their prices....they are the flagship phone pre-BB10....don't expect they will come
    down anytime soon.
    Unfortunately that theory doesn't make a whole lot of economic sense. Bold was the last well-reviewed phone RIM came out with. Many people have been holding on to theirs waiting for BB10. Once BB10 drops, they'll jump on the new BB10 phones if they're not terrible. Then they'll either stick their Bolds in a drawer or they'll sell 'em. Considering you can get a new subsidized Bold from Verizon for $69 and a refurbished subsidized Bold from AT&T for 1, the glut of used Bolds on the market will have to push prices lower.
  8. offyoutoddle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    965 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I disagree Furballz. I thought this, but then I got a 2nd hand bold 9900 recently for 200 (UK). Any price drop from Blackberry that happens I doubt will be as much as that , and honestly I think Blackberry cannot afford to sell them off cheap as they are still a very expensive device. As for 2nd hand market, I expect there will not be a glut of them on the market as more people are likely stick them in the drawer in my opinion and keep it until they are 100% happy with bb10. That could take some time. And they are already pretty low priced in my opinion, certainly in the UK.

    I would just get one - the longer you wait, the less benefit you will realise from it before you cave in and go for a BB10 device
  9. Jay Hopkins's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Thats why i say buy on craigslist.

    People who sell on craigslist want a quick sale and quick cash, they also know people who buy on craigslist are cheap as heck. Im getting Torch 9800's for under $100, Bold 9700's for $25-$40 and curves for under $20 :-)
  10. Fuzzballz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,081 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,100 Global Posts
    PIN
    ot grigio
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Guess it doesn't matter anymore.. I ordered an Android device, signed a new contract, and made the switch. After watching some reviews I realized that Android was light-years ahead of BB OS 7 and I didn't really want to stick with 2010 technology for another year or two.
  11. Jay Hopkins's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furballz View Post
    Guess it doesn't matter anymore.. I ordered an Android device, signed a new contract, and made the switch. After watching some reviews I realized that Android was light-years ahead of BB OS 7 and I didn't really want to stick with 2010 technology for another year or two.
    ohhhhh you poor thing. Well in 2-3 months when your on your 3rd or 4th replacement device, and have spend hours on the phone trying to figure out droid bugs and hardware failures........it will click why this was a BAD idea :-)

    Never forget a "review" is a personal opinion. and usually governed by the fact that the reviewer gets perks from the manufacturer in order to praise their junk :-)
    EauRouge likes this.
  12. msoler29's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I don't see the Bold price dropping at all. Hopefully the bb10 is badass, and bb comes out with worthy apps. People all want apps this time of age. I hear bb10 is compatible with androids apps. Or soon to be. The bb tablet uses android apps.
  13. offyoutoddle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    965 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default Re: Bolds cheap on the bay after BB10 drops?

    I'm suprised so many people think of androids as superior.

    I've tried most of the major phones out there - iphones, droids, lumias - and all of them have forgotten 1 thing that rim never did.

    the word 'phone' is an important one in Smart Phone.

    It just seems to me that since apple told everyone what they wanted in a phone and everyone else started copying that approach, the phone part became less important. Phones in general have lost so much that Blackberries haven't .

    For example all phones now except blackberries don't allow customisation of the dialling and messaging or indeed any part of the core phone functionality. apps like advanced led and scm shortcut are not possible anymore for most stock phones. I for one regularly use the redial functions and nfc to control settings in the phone in a way such apps allow -not so elsewhere.

    Speed dialling ? superfast way to phone someone and only 1 button press. I would still be swiping away madly by the time I'm chatting on my bold.

    Holsters - single best feature ever. To open my recently received message without pressing a single button? Priceless

    Bridge - nothing out there like it.

    Truly if this is 2010 tech then I think I will enjoy living in the past for some time to come, because the view of 2013 from here is not so good.

    Sent from my Blackberry Playbook
    Legal Eagle likes this.
  14. Fuzzballz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,081 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,100 Global Posts
    PIN
    ot grigio
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hopkins View Post
    ohhhhh you poor thing. Well in 2-3 months when your on your 3rd or 4th replacement device, and have spend hours on the phone trying to figure out droid bugs and hardware failures........it will click why this was a BAD idea :-)

    Never forget a "review" is a personal opinion. and usually governed by the fact that the reviewer gets perks from the manufacturer in order to praise their junk :-)
    LOL I enjoy the butthurtness of BB fanboys. Hey, I had my Tour for 3.5 years. It was a decent phone in 2009 and part of 2010. The Bold is a bit better.

    But when they're still selling on-contract Bolds for $99 and I can get a good mid-range 4G Android 4.1 device (which I did) for $79, and the tech is light-years ahead of BB 7.1, then the choice is clear. At least to me.

    If you need me I'll be on the Android forums.
  15. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,095 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default Bolds cheap on the bay after BB10 drops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hopkins View Post
    ohhhhh you poor thing. Well in 2-3 months when your on your 3rd or 4th replacement device, and have spend hours on the phone trying to figure out droid bugs and hardware failures........it will click why this was a BAD idea :-)

    Never forget a "review" is a personal opinion. and usually governed by the fact that the reviewer gets perks from the manufacturer in order to praise their junk :-)
    Most new androids are well polished devices. Just because you may have had an issue with one doesn't mean everyone else will.

    I have a iphone for work and a 9900 for personal and my iphone messes up all the time. Does that mean everybodys does also? No.

    People choose a phone for what they need it to do. Don't know why people have to play the "my phones better than yours" game.

    This is an enthusiasts site so please check your attitude at the door and try to respect others choices in where they choose to spend their hard earned money. Not yours.....

    Sent from my game boy color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
  16. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,095 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default Bolds cheap on the bay after BB10 drops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Furballz View Post
    LOL I enjoy the butthurtness of BB fanboys. Hey, I had my Tour for 3.5 years. It was a decent phone in 2009 and part of 2010. The Bold is a bit better.

    But when they're still selling on-contract Bolds for $99 and I can get a good mid-range 4G Android 4.1 device (which I did) for $79, and the tech is light-years ahead of BB 7.1, then the choice is clear. At least to me.

    If you need me I'll be on the Android forums.
    Each device has pros and cons. Your pros are a much more media friendly device. Your cons are not as well of a communication and email machine.

    No phone is perfect for anyone. Have fun on ac there are some great people on the sister site.

    Sent from my game boy color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
  17. Jay Hopkins's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    Most new androids are well polished devices. Just because you may have had an issue with one doesn't mean everyone else will.

    I have a iphone for work and a 9900 for personal and my iphone messes up all the time. Does that mean everybodys does also? No.

    People choose a phone for what they need it to do. Don't know why people have to play the "my phones better than yours" game.

    This is an enthusiasts site so please check your attitude at the door and try to respect others choices in where they choose to spend their hard earned money. Not yours.....

    Sent from my game boy color
    with one? hahaha you make me laugh. I buy and sell nearly 90 smartphones PER month on CL. Have been for 5 years, i plow through well over a thousand droids and iphones per year. :-) I havent had issues with one, i've had issues with THOUSANDS. Its good that they come with a 1 year warranty. Because i have BB's from 10 years ago that still work, but i have never seen an iphone or droid push 2 years without being replaced by warranty at least once.

    Proof is in the pudding. Not the assumption that because something is popular it is good :-)

    You see heres the problem. droid and iphone are in such a battle to be the "best" that they come out with a new device every 3 months. Literally. Droid especially. there are well over 70 different droid phones on the market right now.

    Its called quality control, droid and iphone dont have it. They push so hard to get the best of the best and the most upgraded device the fastest that they lose 100% quality instantly because they dont take the time to fully test the hardware, the software and the user function, so by the time they throw it on the store shelf, its only 1/2 done. Meaning the consumer has to find out first hand all of the problems that the manufacturer did not see, and send it back over and over until they finally realize "oh well maybe we jumped the gun".

    This is why BB is superior, there is not a new BB every other week like droid........BB takes the time to make sure that what they put out will do what they say it will, when you want it without many issues. :-)

    Same reason why Daewoo cars died out after a few years, they made so many models that they never bothered to see if they worked right, they turned out to be lemons and they died.

    Blackberry has been the OG of smartphones since before apple or droid were thought of, and they may be a bit slower, and you may not be able to sing into them and sound like ke$ha. And there may not be as many justin beiber apps but apples to apples......the bold 9900/9930 series, heck even the 9800 torch, has more quality in the keyboard than 99% of droids have in the entire device. Because they are not rushed onto the market like cancer causing lip gloss every 90 days :-)
    Last edited by Jay Hopkins; 02-22-2013 at 12:25 AM. Reason: typos
  18. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,095 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default Bolds cheap on the bay after BB10 drops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hopkins View Post
    with one? hahaha you make me laugh. I buy and sell nearly 90 smartphones PER month on CL. Have been for 5 years, i plow through well over a thousand droids and iphones per year. :-) I havent had issues with one, i've had issues with THOUSANDS. Its good that they come with a 1 year warranty. Because i have BB's from 10 years ago that still work, but i have never seen an iphone or droid push 2 years without being replaced by warranty at least once.

    Proof is in the pudding. Not the assumption that because something is popular it is good :-)

    You see heres the problem. droid and iphone are in such a battle to be the "best" that they come out with a new device every 3 months. Literally. Droid especially. there are well over 70 different droid phones on the market right now.

    Its called quality control, droid and iphone dont have it. They push so hard to get the best of the best and the most upgraded device the fastest that they lose 100% quality instantly because they dont take the time to fully test the hardware, the software and the user function, so by the time they throw it on the store shelf, its only 1/2 done. Meaning the consumer has to find out first hand all of the problems that the manufacturer did not see, and send it back over and over until they finally realize "oh well maybe we jumped the gun".

    This is why BB is superior, there is not a new BB every other week like droid........BB takes the time to make sure that what they put out will do what they say it will, when you want it without many issues. :-)

    Same reason why Daewoo cars died out after a few years, they made so many models that they never bothered to see if they worked right, they turned out to be lemons and they died.

    Blackberry has been the OG of smartphones since before apple or droid were thought of, and they may be a bit slower, and you may not be able to sing into them and sound like ke$ha. And there may not be as many justin beiber apps but apples to apples......the bold 9900/9930 series, heck even the 9800 torch, has more quality in the keyboard than 99% of droids have in the entire device. Because they are not rushed onto the market like cancer causing lip gloss every 90 days :-)
    As a BlackBerry fan I agree and disagree.

    9900 has a much better build quality from most droids I agree but what you fail to mention is that 85% of the droids out there are free/throw away phones.

    The 9800 and 9810 hw is very cheap and plastic. My wife has a 9810 and the difference in hw is insane. Iphone quality is not bad. Its not hard to take 2 pieces of glass and wrap them in metal.

    Look at the htc 1X. Hardware was superb on that and now look at the htc one. I've handled a gs3 and wasn't thrilled by it.

    Let's face it though hardware and security (you didn't mention anything about security) are important to SOME people. Let's run the numbers between iphone5 or even 4S and the 9900. People don't care about that stuff. This is what put BlackBerry in the state they are in now.
    As you said proof is in the pudding. Numbers don't lie. Rim went from 27% market share to 3% in 2 years. That enough pudding for you?

    Let me set the record straight though. My post may come off as anti BlackBerry or pro android or iphone. I typed this on my loved 9900. I just choose to stay open minded and respect all devices as you should think about also.

    I've tried and tested everything and you saying BlackBerry is the best blah blah blah isn't going to rally troops to go out an buy them. Its going to be what bb10 has for hw,sw and apps that will make it sell.

    Sent from my game boy color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    Thanked by:
    john_v (02-23-2013) 
    john_v likes this.
  19. Fuzzballz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,081 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,100 Global Posts
    PIN
    ot grigio
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hopkins View Post
    Proof is in the pudding.
    Not to split hairs here but it always bugs me when people misquote that old expression. It's actually:

    "The proof of the pudding is in the eating."

    What you said makes no sense. Proof in pudding? For future reference, thx.
    jdhooghe likes this.
  20. Jay Hopkins's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    As a BlackBerry fan I agree and disagree.

    9900 has a much better build quality from most droids I agree but what you fail to mention is that 85% of the droids out there are free/throw away phones.

    The 9800 and 9810 hw is very cheap and plastic. My wife has a 9810 and the difference in hw is insane. Iphone quality is not bad. Its not hard to take 2 pieces of glass and wrap them in metal.

    Look at the htc 1X. Hardware was superb on that and now look at the htc one. I've handled a gs3 and wasn't thrilled by it.

    Let's face it though hardware and security (you didn't mention anything about security) are important to SOME people. Let's run the numbers between iphone5 or even 4S and the 9900. People don't care about that stuff. This is what put BlackBerry in the state they are in now.
    As you said proof is in the pudding. Numbers don't lie. Rim went from 27% market share to 3% in 2 years. That enough pudding for you?

    Let me set the record straight though. My post may come off as anti BlackBerry or pro android or iphone. I typed this on my loved 9900. I just choose to stay open minded and respect all devices as you should think about also.

    I've tried and tested everything and you saying BlackBerry is the best blah blah blah isn't going to rally troops to go out an buy them. Its going to be what bb10 has for hw,sw and apps that will make it sell.

    Sent from my game boy color
    And there is the main issue at hand. 85% are throw away phones, and thats about all they are worth. Iphone isnt as bad as droid, i just cannot stand the capitalization of apple . If its not apple its not allowed and if you get anything non apple they screw you. IMO, bad business. BB you can still have third party apps.

    However i can say that the 1x, the google G1 and the HTC one are very well built phones. However the two most expensive droids on the market, the S3 and the Galaxy note 2.......are junk. They are cheaply made, flimsy and they try to cover this up with a super amolded screen. Well the screen will survive a nuclear blast but what about the internals? or the rest of the phone.

    If i am going to spend $300 for a phone WITH a 2 year contract, i want a phone that will still work in 4 years when my brand new state of the art touchsceen breaks. The phone i will always look to for that is blackberry. heck even cheap 8320 curves take a beating and keep on ticking. and they were pretty badly made haha. when it comes to durability, BB takes droid and iphone hands down every time. I've dropped my old 9700's in the toilet, nice bowl of rice........they work again. You drop a Iphone 4, 4s or 5 on a pillow and it cracks. same with most droids, i have a droid 2 that i dropped on a carpeted floor, screen was toast. IMO.....that is not quality, *this droid 2 had to be replaced 5 times by warranty before i actually smashed it on accident* because it was a POS. like 85-90% of droids tend to be.

    Heck remember when the iphone 4 came out, you could only use it in your left hand, because they rushed it and put a cheapo receiver in it, use the right hand, drops calls. Dont see BB pulling that on us.

    I think BB is gonna make a comeback with the 10. Its got all the techno weenie junk as the droids and iturds. But its built by blackberry :-D so its not a Chinese made $600 piece of turd :-D
  21. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,095 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default Bolds cheap on the bay after BB10 drops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hopkins View Post
    And there is the main issue at hand. 85% are throw away phones, and thats about all they are worth. Iphone isnt as bad as droid, i just cannot stand the capitalization of apple . If its not apple its not allowed and if you get anything non apple they screw you. IMO, bad business. BB you can still have third party apps.

    However i can say that the 1x, the google G1 and the HTC one are very well built phones. However the two most expensive droids on the market, the S3 and the Galaxy note 2.......are junk. They are cheaply made, flimsy and they try to cover this up with a super amolded screen. Well the screen will survive a nuclear blast but what about the internals? or the rest of the phone.

    If i am going to spend $300 for a phone WITH a 2 year contract, i want a phone that will still work in 4 years when my brand new state of the art touchsceen breaks. The phone i will always look to for that is blackberry. heck even cheap 8320 curves take a beating and keep on ticking. and they were pretty badly made haha. when it comes to durability, BB takes droid and iphone hands down every time. I've dropped my old 9700's in the toilet, nice bowl of rice........they work again. You drop a Iphone 4, 4s or 5 on a pillow and it cracks. same with most droids, i have a droid 2 that i dropped on a carpeted floor, screen was toast. IMO.....that is not quality, *this droid 2 had to be replaced 5 times by warranty before i actually smashed it on accident* because it was a POS. like 85-90% of droids tend to be.

    Heck remember when the iphone 4 came out, you could only use it in your left hand, because they rushed it and put a cheapo receiver in it, use the right hand, drops calls. Dont see BB pulling that on us.

    I think BB is gonna make a comeback with the 10. Its got all the techno weenie junk as the droids and iturds. But its built by blackberry :-D so its not a Chinese made $600 piece of turd :-D
    I agree with most of your ideas. The s3 and note's are made of cheap like plastic and feel hollow if you hold them without a case.

    Again the problem is getting people to buy. Bb10 is great in most ways I won't take that away from them. I have a playbook and love how it runs. I just wish they didn't do port over apps and did native ones.

    Yes I know having the ability to port over apps is going to rush the app catalog higher than what it would be for native but there is one problem with that. Android apps have a fairly common thing happen which is force close. If someone comes from an iphone to bb10 and is app centric and starts getting force closed apps they won't think twice about leaving back to ios.

    Like I said bb10 is great but I just wish they really concentrated on native apps because the native ones are the ones that are amazing people right now. Android apps are filling an app gap but not leaving a great taste in some peoples mouths due to force closings and no cascades ability.

    I have an upgrade ready for when bb10 is available but I'm holding back until I see some solid apps that are widely used on other os's. Not some work around for BlackBerry users to feel like they can do a words with friends "like" game or a draw something variant.

    Sent from my game boy color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
  22. Jay Hopkins's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    I agree with most of your ideas. The s3 and note's are made of cheap like plastic and feel hollow if you hold them without a case.

    Again the problem is getting people to buy. Bb10 is great in most ways I won't take that away from them. I have a playbook and love how it runs. I just wish they didn't do port over apps and did native ones.

    Yes I know having the ability to port over apps is going to rush the app catalog higher than what it would be for native but there is one problem with that. Android apps have a fairly common thing happen which is force close. If someone comes from an iphone to bb10 and is app centric and starts getting force closed apps they won't think twice about leaving back to ios.

    Like I said bb10 is great but I just wish they really concentrated on native apps because the native ones are the ones that are amazing people right now. Android apps are filling an app gap but not leaving a great taste in some peoples mouths due to force closings and no cascades ability.

    I have an upgrade ready for when bb10 is available but I'm holding back until I see some solid apps that are widely used on other os's. Not some work around for BlackBerry users to feel like they can do a words with friends "like" game or a draw something variant.

    Sent from my game boy color
    well and there lies one of the great things about the Z10. Its in it infancy, much as OS10 is. Theres lots of room for improvement. If the S3 can get by with terrible build , and a crap OS that force closes almost everything, and they can find a way to make it work.....im sure BB can start throwing native apps at os10 just as easily in the near future. As i've said and we all know, BB is constantly updating their current OS's . Look at 7.....its come leaps and bounds from where it was when it was in its infancy, and is 10x better today than it was now. OS10 may not have the abilities now, but who's to say it cant in 6-8 months :-D

    We all know BB and RIM for breaking into problems that everyone has but noone will change with a 10lb sledge hammer, they took a qwerty keyboard that sucks on most phones and turned it into the best keyboard in the world. They took search-for email and turned it into direct link. BB's NFC is the best NFC on the market, and IMO the touch on the Z10 and the 99 series is 5x smoother than that on a iphone or droid any day.

    Give em time and they will move mountains.

    BB messenger is still the only messenger that works globally as well....my fiancee is in Lithuania right now, I get to speak to her on the phone every day over BBM, no front face camera, no skype download, no skype call issues. Iphone and droid could never give me that :-)
  23. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,095 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default Bolds cheap on the bay after BB10 drops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hopkins View Post
    well and there lies one of the great things about the Z10. Its in it infancy, much as OS10 is. Theres lots of room for improvement. If the S3 can get by with terrible build , and a crap OS that force closes almost everything, and they can find a way to make it work.....im sure BB can start throwing native apps at os10 just as easily in the near future. As i've said and we all know, BB is constantly updating their current OS's . Look at 7.....its come leaps and bounds from where it was when it was in its infancy, and is 10x better today than it was now. OS10 may not have the abilities now, but who's to say it cant in 6-8 months :-D

    We all know BB and RIM for breaking into problems that everyone has but noone will change with a 10lb sledge hammer, they took a qwerty keyboard that sucks on most phones and turned it into the best keyboard in the world. They took search-for email and turned it into direct link. BB's NFC is the best NFC on the market, and IMO the touch on the Z10 and the 99 series is 5x smoother than that on a iphone or droid any day.

    Give em time and they will move mountains.

    BB messenger is still the only messenger that works globally as well....my fiancee is in Lithuania right now, I get to speak to her on the phone every day over BBM, no front face camera, no skype download, no skype call issues. Iphone and droid could never give me that :-)
    I would agree with you months ago but time is something they don't have a ton of.

    You can use imessage globally and gtalk globally as well as skype and g+

    Bbm is a great messenger but I think your giving it to much credibility.

    Sent from my game boy color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
  24. Jay Hopkins's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    I would agree with you months ago but time is something they don't have a ton of.

    You can use imessage globally and gtalk globally as well as skype and g+

    Bbm is a great messenger but I think your giving it to much credibility.

    Sent from my game boy color
    Well not really. Look at skype. 6 out of 10 skype calls with or without video drop, garble or have some type of interference. which gives it a very negative rating in my OP.

    Imessage is slow as death. When i had my 4s and my fiancee had a 4. I would send her a message and sometimes it would take 25 minutes for her to get it. Also bad rating.

    Gtalk and G+ not as bad.

    But when it comes to reliability, speed for messages and call quality. BB messenger still takes the cake.

    Not that all others suck.......just that it works better than them :-)

    Popularity is not all that makes a good product.

    Look at Justin Beiber. He makes crap for music, he sucks as a musical artist.....and yet he sells millions of records. Kind of like most other devices. Just because people buy a lot of something, doesnt mean its worth half of a rats red behind :-)
  25. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,095 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default Re: Bolds cheap on the bay after BB10 drops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hopkins View Post
    Well not really. Look at skype. 6 out of 10 skype calls with or without video drop, garble or have some type of interference. which gives it a very negative rating in my OP.

    Imessage is slow as death. When i had my 4s and my fiancee had a 4. I would send her a message and sometimes it would take 25 minutes for her to get it. Also bad rating.

    Gtalk and G+ not as bad.

    But when it comes to reliability, speed for messages and call quality. BB messenger still takes the cake.

    Not that all others suck.......just that it works better than them :-)

    Popularity is not all that makes a good product.

    Look at Justin Beiber. He makes crap for music, he sucks as a musical artist.....and yet he sells millions of records. Kind of like most other devices. Just because people buy a lot of something, doesnt mean its worth half of a rats red behind :-)
    again I agree. I think we could be twins haha. I am a massive berry fan and know people bash berry flr its faults but never praise it for its perks lately. I agree with bbm reliability.
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Getting the BOLD cheap on upgrade
    By raysivley in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 05:12 PM
  2. Orange bold - Replacement on the way
    By neil74 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 03:09 PM
  3. Will the Bold be on the Verizon network?
    By PianoManKD in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 12:24 PM
  4. Bold Officially on the BB website
    By ginya-san in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 11:00 AM
  5. Do you talk more on the phone after having gotten the blackberry
    By danpass in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions