Bold won't charge in pod - S/W issue or hardware?
HI all...just bought a 9900 that's a couple of months old. It charges fine through the cable, but when I place
it in the charge pod at my bedside.....nothing....nada....no light....no clock....nothing at all.
I use the pod regularly for my other 9900, so I know the pod is ok.
Before I take it in for warranty work, I'm just curious if it might be a S/W issue...any thoughts?
Cheers!If Eve had given Adam a Blackberry, the world would be paradise. Instead, she gave him an Apple. Look at us now.
- 11-23-2012, 07:01 PM #2
Are you running the same OS on both of your 9900's, did the one ever worked on that pod? sounds like you've done all the little checks with your other 9900 and pod. Its probably a connectivity problem on that particular 9900, i wouldn't know too much on how to fix that.
- If Eve had given Adam a Blackberry, the world would be paradise. Instead, she gave him an Apple. Look at us now.
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-23-2012, 07:24 PM #4
- 211 Posts
if its the oem pod, make sure its sitting perfectly centered. it can be difficult with the oem to just throw it on the dock. otherwise, it could be hardware. I had 9930 and i had it charging on the dock, showing the lightning bolt, and it would still decrease in battery. the connectors must have been worn because i received a replacement later for an unrelated issue and now it charges fine with the dock.
I finally took it in for warranty service, so hopefully it will be sorted out. Can't see it being anything else.If Eve had given Adam a Blackberry, the world would be paradise. Instead, she gave him an Apple. Look at us now.
- By campos_jeremy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 02-20-2011, 03:06 AM
- By Bettermost in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2010, 12:01 PM
- By jimk280 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 2Last Post: 10-18-2009, 03:55 PM
- By Keirik in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 8Last Post: 07-08-2009, 03:24 PM
- By gobroncos95 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 5Last Post: 02-16-2008, 06:06 AM