Going through these forums its a real shame to see this phone has so many problems..i wanted to get this phone but everyone ive talked to says the bold 9780 is superior, better battery, better camera, better build. I want a new blackberry but even as a blackberry fanboy i cant see myself buying one of these knowing its plagued with so many problems. Would you guys say this is in line with the storm?
    11-12-11 11:20 PM
    i wouldn't. this phone made me switch back from iPhone.

and no issues. and 9780 is not superior from my point of view - meaning it doesn't look as nice. (come on, the gadget has to look nice and this gadget is the nicest looking one around.)

have a mexico 5 and aside from a squishy trackpad and less than stellar battery life (but no different from an iPhone). i have no issues - except for that nick at the bezel which was entirely my fault.

but if mine ever does i have to look for this post and add an addendum i guess.
    11-12-11 11:26 PM
    Dude. Just try the 9930. It will own your face.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mud314 and Chrisy like this.
    11-12-11 11:39 PM
    .. so far so good...
    11-12-11 11:39 PM
    Is that even possible?
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-12-11 11:52 PM
    Not had any issues as outlined by varous folks, I'd say some people just got 1 of a bad batch, while there may be many of them it doesn't reflect the majoritys experience.

I had a terrible battery 1st day of usage, it improved dramatically after 1 week of charging discharging each day, its still not the best battery in the world, feels like its about the same as my previous 9700 with OS 6 installed being more than a days use is impossible, having said that I left out 8am last week and still had juice while on the road around 10pm that evening, if I'd known ahead of time I'd be out that long I'd have made precautions but luckily I didn't have to, was a light usage day for calls.

Nowhere near Storn territory this handset, that was a serious whale, in my view its the flagship bb right now, if you get one that's not defective, not sure how possible that is where you are though.

11-13-11 03:58 AM
    I thought we all agreed to never speak of the St*rm series again. It's like it never happened...
    11-13-11 04:40 AM
    after 5 device all faulty I'm still hoping it gets ironed out. RIM itself is sending me a replacement device without much complaining so thats kind of sending up red flags to me.

advice... dont sell off your old berry for awhile and keep it for a back up.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-13-11 04:58 AM
    my first bb is 9780 and now using 9900
    9900 is way better (except camera)
    i charge 9780 9900 both twice a day so no difference
    11-13-11 05:11 AM
    with my bb replacing my ipod/iphone for music and video i'm on the same boat will need to charge twice a day - at a minimum no matter what.

it was the same with the iPhone - where a game will wipe out 40% of the battery in an hour mind you.
    11-13-11 06:00 AM
    By far. BY FAR, the best BB I've ever used, and I've used them for a long time. OS wise it's much better than previous BBs and physically it's in another league.

WrightWords likes this.
    11-13-11 06:16 AM
    By far. BY FAR, the best BB I've ever used, and I've used them for a long time. OS wise it's much better than previous BBs and physically it's in another league.

Did you get rid of your iphone?
    11-13-11 06:39 AM
    I love my 9900. Its not as good as my sgs2, but I'm way more productive on my 9900 because of the kb and its a fast phone.

Battery life is better than my iphone 4. But on par with my sgs2.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 06:59 AM
    Absolutely not. Storm sucked for so many reasons. Bold 9780 I was never a fan of. I love this phone and the only bb that has come out to make me want to stay with it.
    11-13-11 07:34 AM
    Going through these forums its a real shame to see this phone has so many problems..i wanted to get this phone but everyone ive talked to says the bold 9780 is superior, better battery, better camera, better build. I want a new blackberry but even as a blackberry fanboy i cant see myself buying one of these knowing its plagued with so many problems. Would you guys say this is in line with the storm?
    The 9780 hardware being better build than the 9900! Really??! Have you seen both side by side? About the camera it lack auto focus so macro mode. Not a big deal if you don't do macro. I do so I carry an iPhone 4 to take macro pictures. With the latest leaked OS the battery life is way better. About the failure I hope the bad batch will be identified and fixed. If you only focus on the issues I'm sure you'll find many on every phone. Look at the iPhone 4S it was meant to have the battery problem fixed but not everyone is fixed. Then you could wait and see how it goes then. Waiting is always nice. You avoid early adopters issues.

with my bb replacing my ipod/iphone for music and video i'm on the same boat will need to charge twice a day - at a minimum no matter what.

it was the same with the iPhone - where a game will wipe out 40% of the battery in an hour mind you.
    At least with a BB you can get a spare battery with an external charger. No need to plug the device for the whole day 1 spare is ok. 2 or 3 could be expensive..

Battery life is better than my iphone 4. But on par with my sgs2.
    What is your battery life and usage?
    11-13-11 07:56 AM
    Tons of whatsapp & bbm. Lots of incoming and outgoing data (short bursts). Bb has the best compression

The 9780 hardware being better build than the 9900! Really??! Have you seen both side by side? About the camera it lack auto focus so macro mode. Not a big deal if you don't do macro. I do so I carry an iPhone 4 to take macro pictures. With the latest leaked OS the battery life is way better. About the failure I hope the bad batch will be identified and fixed. If you only focus on the issues I'm sure you'll find many on every phone. Look at the iPhone 4S it was meant to have the battery problem fixed but not everyone is fixed. Then you could wait and see how it goes then. Waiting is always nice. You avoid early adopters issues.

At least with a BB you can get a spare battery with an external charger. No need to plug the device for the whole day 1 spare is ok. 2 or 3 could be expensive..

What is your battery life and usage?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(73368) likes this.
    11-13-11 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD