I was looking through the specs and it seems like the device will come with a 1250mah battery. The 9780 runs off a 1500mah. How on earth do they expect this phone to run off a 1250mah battery and keep customers happy? Unless the new processor uses MUCH less power which I have no idea?
    Dannyd534 likes this.
    05-02-11 04:21 PM
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing....
    05-02-11 04:36 PM
    It is said to have comparable battery life to the 9700. I'll take it.
    05-02-11 04:38 PM
    I heard it was comparable to the 9700 and a big improvement on the Bold 9000's battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 04:45 PM
    it uses a different battery to the previous bold, but still has the same capacity.
    Ive read that theyve used "different" technology with this one so it will have equal battery life if not better to the previous model.

However a string of after market 1500mah batteries will be available as usual.

think ill keep a spare just in case!
    05-02-11 04:46 PM
    New gen battery + new OS + different chipset.

You can't do a 1:1 mah comparison.
    According to either N4BB or BGR (can't remember), RIM has developed a new battery for this Bold.

Worst case scenario, you could buy an extended battery and sacrifice a bit of the thinness.
    Just saw on a different website that with the new processor it uses 1/3 of the battery that the regular processor were all used to uses. So that + this new battery im guessing should be pretty good?
    05-02-11 11:38 PM
    yeah isn't it using 2nd gen snapdragon processors? i feel like i read this somewhere. and these 2nd gen snapdragons are much more efficient processors.

but... i may be wrong and confusing this with another phone.
    05-03-11 12:43 AM
    Hard to say. In Kevin's video the rep says it's comparable with in-market devices. We'd like to think it means the 9780, but was this a reference to the Torch? iPhone? Android?

This is what Apple has wrought. Thin, intensive graphics, and short battery life. Maybe RIM figured that's what people want even if it's stupid, and they're going to give it to them.
    05-03-11 12:54 AM
    I hope we get some reviews about the battery soon.
    05-03-11 02:13 AM
    I second that. +1
    05-03-11 01:08 PM
    i'd like to get more infos on the battery life as well !
    quite important, but RIM never disappointed with battery life, i doubt they will now

but yes, very important as i'd like to use icq/msn/skype/fb/twitter/social feeds/browser/bbm/liveprofile etc as much as possible and stay online most of the time
    we'll see if thats possible
    05-03-11 01:15 PM
    but yes, very important as i'd like to use icq/msn/skype/fb/twitter/social feeds/browser/bbm/liveprofile etc as much as possible and stay online most of the time
    we'll see if thats possible
    Man if I did all that on my TB I'd probably get 4 hours battery life...
    05-03-11 01:17 PM
    Man if I did all that on my TB I'd probably get 4 hours battery life...
    ^^
    i read in another thread that you might consider getting a bold 9900/9930
    do it !
    you wont be disappointed : P

and well, to be fair icq/msn/skype => 1 app (IM+, saves a lot of battery life) - awesome app !
    05-03-11 01:19 PM
    Yeah I have Trillian on android and BB which has email push, helps battery life.
    05-03-11 01:22 PM
    yeah isn't it using 2nd gen snapdragon processors? i feel like i read this somewhere. and these 2nd gen snapdragons are much more efficient processors.

but... i may be wrong and confusing this with another phone.
    No, you're correct. The HTC Droid Incredible 2 uses a 2nd generation snapdragon processor and it's been getting great battery-life reviews.
    Last edited by experiment626; 05-03-11 at 01:44 PM.
    05-03-11 01:32 PM
    CX has already tweeted about battery life on 9900...

'Pretty much equal to the 9700. Huge improvement over the 9000'

Twitter

05-03-11 01:42 PM
    I can't understand why everyone is going nuts about this, every BB I have ever owned has always had great battery life, no doubt this one will be the same.
    05-03-11 02:12 PM
    I can't understand why everyone is going nuts about this, every BB I have ever owned has always had great battery life, no doubt this one will be the same.
    Well it just doesn't figure that you can put in that much more horsepower and use less battery, unless you remember the figuring is based on 2 1/2 year old tech. I had no idea that such improvements had been made, mainly because Android devices continued to get poor battery life. I thought poor battery life was the price of admission.

Now, for my other thought. Extended batteries. Looking at the wide, flat design of the battery in the 9900, it seems that an extended will add not much more thickness to the device. Likely, and extended battery will increase the thickness of the 9930 to that of the 9650, which is still very nice.
    05-03-11 04:56 PM
    I dont know if you ever used a Torch but I used it as a test phone and I couldn't even last throughout the WORK day (9-5) without charging it. Worst battery I've ever used.
    05-03-11 11:26 PM
    3rd +2 LOL

05-03-11 11:28 PM
    I dont know if you ever used a Torch but I used it as a test phone and I couldn't even last throughout the WORK day (9-5) without charging it. Worst battery I've ever used.
    Yeah it really depended on what SW you were using. Some of them were just horrible, some of them weren't too bad but you really had to balance backlighting, turning off wifi and/or bluetooth when not needed, etc...

My buddy CX says battery life is comparable to the 9700 I'll go with that until I discover different...

PG
    05-03-11 11:34 PM
    Yeah it really depended on what SW you were using. Some of them were just horrible, some of them weren't too bad but you really had to balance backlighting, turning off wifi and/or bluetooth when not needed, etc...

My buddy CX says battery life is comparable to the 9700 I'll go with that until I discover different...

PG
    Yeah but people don'y buy phones to not use the features. If there going to add all those features at least make the battery life good while using them. Im not going to spend so much money on a phone that can last me 3 hours unless I turn everything off
    05-04-11 12:38 AM
    looks like battery life will be the bottleneck again
    05-04-11 09:56 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD